Singapore aims to achieve the Diversity Action Committee’s (DAC) target by 2020 which is to have a 20% female representation on the boards of listed companies. According to the Minister for Culture, Community and Youth, Grace Fu, women only occupy just over 10% of board seats. With Singapore’s ecommerce industry emerging over the past year, the market is estimated to be valued at US$2.96 billion in 2020, so iPrice analysed the gender diversity among the top-level management of Singapore’s e-commerce businesses. By utilizing the publicly available data of employees on Linkedin, they analysed a total of 282 employees holding onto top-level management roles from the top 15 ecommerce players.
Analysing all the management roles for top 15 ecommerce players for gender diversity, men dominate 66% of the roles, while women take up the other 34%. Looking at the four levels of management, iPrice discovered that the more senior the role the smaller the percentage of women. This indicates that there’s an inherent shortage of women in the pipeline available to be promoted into the most senior roles.
In the fashion ecommerce industry there is a more even gender distribution as the gap between men and women are closer in population. Men make up 52% of the total population whereas women stand closely at 48%. Analysing the management roles from the fashion e-commerce industry, a smaller gap between men and women is more prominent. The percentage of the gender distribution on the C-levels and Head-levels is closer compared to the results of the overall e-commerce industry.
Iprice have summerised all of their findings in an infographic