Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Identify international sales opportunities with New Amazon tools
Amazon have announced a set of new tools that make it easier for American third-party sellers to offer their products in Amazon’s 21 stores worldwide. Amazon estimates that more than 6 million products currently offered by US sellers have a high international sales opportunities on Amazon marketplaces around the world.
Tools to identify international sales opportunities
- Customer Service by Amazon gives sellers who fulfill their own orders the option to have Amazon manage their customer inquiries, refunds, and returns on self-fulfilled orders—and at Accelerate, the company announced they will offer this service for free or at a discounted rate depending on the seller’s customer contact volume. Customer Service by Amazon reduces the burden of providing quality customer service across geographies and in multiple languages. Customers can contact the more than 130 customer support sites via phone, chat, or email, day or night, and receive help in 15 languages. It is available now and open to all U.S. sellers.
- Marketplace Product Guidance takes the guesswork out of which products should and can be sold internationally. It helps sellers determine which of their products they should offer internationally and identify other high-potential products they can add to their catalogue in international stores. These recommendations are personalized and ranked based on their opportunity score, and calculated by machine learning models that take into account hundreds of parameters at the seller, product, and store level. It is available now and open to all U.S. sellers.
- Global Inventory Viewer provides a one-stop experience for sellers to monitor inventory supply and demand across all stores in a consolidated manner. Global Inventory Viewer seamlessly integrates with Send to Amazon, making it simple and easy for sellers to send more inventory to Amazon fulfillment centers before running out of stock. It is available now and open to all U.S. sellers.
- Global Listing enables sellers to list products on Amazon once and sell globally. Instead of managing products separately across Amazon’s stores, sellers can now replicate their product listings in multiple international stores with just a few clicks. Sellers will be able to view their listing from a set of globalised pages and views. Amazon is currently testing the feature in beta and will open it to all U.S. sellers in early 2022
“Global Selling helps small businesses leverage Amazon’s scale and reach to easily expand into countries around the world, while maintaining control of their brand and not having to worry about global logistics. These capabilities, such as the use of Amazon’s renowned worldwide customer support for all of their products at low or no cost, will help our U.S. sellers capture billions of dollars in international opportunity.”
– Eric Broussard, Vice President of International Selling Partner Services, Amazon