Build differentiated commerce experiences regardless with the flexibility to propel your business forward.
BigCommerce announce partnership with Mercado Libre
BigCommerce have announced a new partnership with Mercado Libre, meaning BigCommerce merchants will now have the ability to sell across Latin America to nearly 133 million unique consumers on the Mercado Libre Marketplace.
“We are always looking for ways to better serve our customers, and this partnership gives them access to an entirely new variety of products from BigCommerce merchants. As ecommerce continues to expand in Latin America, choosing BigCommerce as our first major platform partner is important for our long-term strategy and gives storeowners access to this fast-growing market.”
– Jose Luis Hervás Fernández, director of Cross Border Trade for Mercado Libre LATAM
BigCommerce merchants can find Mercado Libre via the BigCommerce Channel Manager and quickly apply for approval to start selling into the Latin America region. Key benefits include:
- Sell with confidence in a new market. Through free currency conversions and language translations provided by Mercado Libre, merchants can focus on selling their products knowing they’ll deliver a superior online shopping experience for their customers.
- Simple Onboarding. All new merchants are provided with a personal BigCommerce Key Account Manager to ease the onboarding process, and support business needs every step of the way.
- Efficiently manage order flow. Through an integration with BigCommerce Preferred Partner CedCommerce, merchants can automatically sync product listings and centrally manage orders from within BigCommerce.
“Between shipping challenges, currency conversion and language barriers, cross-border ecommerce can be incredibly challenging for retailers to navigate, especially small and mid-sized merchants, to capitalize on. Latin America represents a huge untapped market for U.S. merchants and BigCommerce’s partnership with Mercado Libre removes these barriers, opening the door to an expansive opportunity for them to reach millions of consumers to sell to.”
– Russell Klein, chief commercial officer, BigCommerce
Good news. However this should be a two way deal. Latin American Mercado Libre/Livre merchants should have the same facility selling to the U.S. That is called Fair International Trade.
Crisfina A. Silva