eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection
eBay Video in gallery comes to UK listings
eBay Video has been announced for the UK! Sellers can now add videos to their gallery on the View Item pages. Slight snag, you can’t yet do it through the Sell Your Item flow and will have to use the eBay API or a third party who supports videos in the short term.
Currently eBay Video in gallery will appear on the eBay app, but plans are that they’ll be displayed on desktop and mobile web as well in the future.
“You can use the videos to better display your inventory, use it for instruction guides, better display the item condition or any other that can be supported by video. To find out more, contact your third-party provider or read more on our Help hub.
Video is the next step in our ongoing efforts to help you deliver more engaging shopping experiences to your current and new buyers. They let you showcase your products and brand, and help drive buyer engagement and sales.”
Suggested eBay Video in gallery useage
- Product instructions/ how-to videos
- Installation guides (e.g. for Parts & Accessories)
- DIY videos (for example, a woodwork project using a power tool or a recipe using a kitchen appliance)
- Unboxing videos
- Videos that clarify the item condition (e.g. scuffs, nicks, tears)
eBay Video format requirements
- The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
- The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
- Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
- Supported formats are the following mp4 file types:
- MPEG-4 Part 10
- Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)
- Providing links to Youtube or other video platforms is not supported
- Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes (but preferably one minute or less)