eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection
UPS rate adjustments from the 11th April 2021
UPS rate adjustments have been announced for all of its shipping services via eBay Labels which will apply for products shipped from the US from the 11th of April.
UPS is applying a rate adjustment compared to competitors to ‘further enhance its portfolio of solutions available‘ to you, so you can deliver better service and greater value to your customers.
UPS rate adjustments on eBay
From the 11th of April 2021
- You may see UPS rates on eBay decrease as much as 3.5% for packages lighter in weight and moving across shorter distances
- You may see UPS rates on eBay increase up to 5% for heavier packages going to farther distances.
- To better plan your shipping costs, UPS Next Day Air and UPS 2nd Day Air services will not incur Residential or Delivery Area Surcharges like the UPS Ground service.
New rate discounts for UPS on eBay Labels are now:
- Up to 50% (from 48%) off UPS® Ground shipments
- Up to 66% (from 62%) for UPS 2nd Day Air service
- Up to 65% (from 62%) for UPS Next Day Air service
You can take advantage of discounted rates by conveniently printing a UPS label at your home or office location from eBay Labels or downloading a QR code to be scanned at The UPS Store. UPS has 85,000+ drop off locations including: The UPS Store, Michael’s, CVS, and Advance Auto Parts.
eBay added to their announcement that “As the rate change goes into effect, it’s a good time to evaluate your delivery service options”. In other words shop around and if UPS is better value then start using them and if alternative carriers are more cost effective then consider switching.