Verizon Media plans to launch Yahoo Shops
Verizon Media have recently announced that they are planning to launch Yahoo Shops a new online marketplace featuring a curated, native shopping experience tailored to the user including innovative tech, from shoppable video to 3D try-ons, and more.
According to Verison, they will be able to stand out and provide unique commerce capabilities for brand partners and advertisers. Merchants will be able to meet shoppers anywhere along their journey, from awareness to transaction with Verizon Media’s advertising platforms. For consumers, the platform is a new and seamless way to discover, engage and shop, all within a personalized digital storefront experience. Following a quick onboarding about their unique tastes and preferences, Yahoo Shops users will see their own digital mall, only featuring brands that fall into their areas of passion and interest.
“Since the beginning of our commerce expansion we’ve focused on delivering a smart and personalized shopping experience for our users, while shortening the path to purchase for our brand partners. Yahoo Shops is that manifestation and it brings the best brick and mortar concepts online while helping shoppers connect with new brands and support diverse merchants.”
– Andrea Wasserman, Head of Global Commerce, Verizon Media
Yahoo Shops will launch with sustainable small brands like Woo Skin Essentials (by PROJECTWOO), Golden Secrets, and Act + Acre. The Yahoo Shops experience will include:
- Shopping the story: Users can directly purchase products featured from trusted reviews and editorial roundups, to shoppable video.
- XR experiences: Including beauty AR tools, a 3D product catalog, a virtual 3D dressing room and more.
- A personalized storefront: Following a quick onboarding about their unique tastes and preferences, Yahoo Shops users will see their own digital mall, only featuring brands that fall into their areas of passion and interest.
- Secure check-out and payment integrations. Express check-out, shipment optimization, and buy-now, pay-later services.
You can sign up to be notified when more information is announced here.