eBay Managed Payments coming to Sellers in Greater China

By Lauren Fruncillo January 21, 2021 - 12:02 pm

eBay announced this week that they will be expanding their management of payments for sellers in Greater China. In April 2021 the company will offer buyers more flexibility and choice in payment methods and give sellers an easier way to manage their businesses.

eBay have already been managing payments for a select group of sellers in the U.S., U.K., Australia, and Canada and have also recently announced their plans to expand to France, Italy and Spain in Q1 2021.

“We are creating a modern managed marketplace. Taking control of the payments process on our platform is a key component of our strategy to enhance the eBay experience by breaking down barriers and removing complexities for our customers.

Sellers in Greater China place a high value on a convenient and seamless selling experience on eBay’s sites across the globe, and they typically manage multiple accounts and need streamlined operations. The offering will drive significant efficiencies and benefits for our customers, including helping our buyers pay the way they want. We will transition all sellers in the coming months and have designed our processes with our sellers in mind so they can easily and quickly take advantage of this important change.”
– Alyssa Cutright, Vice President of Global Payments, eBay

Managed payments Buyer & Seller Benefits

Buyers

• Greater choice and flexibility at checkout: eBay will offer buyers a variety of payment options, including credit cards and PayPal. Apple Pay will be available as a payment option on iPhone and iPad in-app.* Google Pay will be available on the eBay site and on the eBay Android App.
  • A purchase experience that begins and ends on eBay: By managing payments, eBay is able to deliver a more streamlined experience through the entire purchase and post-order process.

Sellers

• Providing buyers with relevant payment options: Offering buyers more choice and options for how they pay and enabling buyers around the globe to pay in the ways that are most relevant to them.
  • A central place to manage the business: Sellers will experience easier account management with all information about their eBay business, inclusive of payments information, in one place, so that sellers can easily track and manage all of their transactions and customer interactions on eBay. This will also include a centralized location for customer service help.
  • Simplified seller protections
  • Elvis
    2 weeks ago

Regarding ebay managed payments in the UK. I cannot find anywhere what my exact fees are as a business seller. I sell in DVDs, Films & TV – #11232. I’ve searched ebay high and low and cannot find a definitive answer.

Can anyone help and tell my what my total fees are including ebays managed payments fees?

• wyatt
    2 weeks ago

This is the link for all categories

DVDs, Films & TV

#11232

9.9%

• 2 weeks ago

My god…The extent of how many false accounts and details will come to the surface when they implent this.
    Get ready for half of Ebay sellers just to disapear when this implemented.

• Matt
    2 weeks ago

Good news then!!

• Lee
    2 weeks ago

I was having the same issue and then as if by Magic, because i definitely scoured the Managed Payments section, i found another section added:

Taxes

There, you can download a summary Fees Invoice or more detailed Fees invoice in excel format.

• Elvis
    2 weeks ago

Thanks for the link but that doesn’t include managed payments fee does it? I came across that link myself but it only the category fee. Not all of the fees.

eBay

eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection