One platform with all the ecommerce and point of sale features you need to start, run, and grow your business.
$5.1+ Billion in Shopify sales this Black Friday & Cyber Monday
Shopify have shared their Black Friday & Cyber Monday weekend results and have had sales of $5.1+ billion from over one million global brands.
Shopify recently announced their record breaking Black Friday but with the added results of Cyber Monday we can see just how successful the events have been for them.
Shopify have also seen a rise in earlier festive shopping with daily total sales increasing 19 days before Cyber Monday, nearly two weeks earlier than previous years. In fact, in the week leading up to Cyber Monday, from November 23 through November 30, sales increased by 84% from 2019.
2020 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Highlights
- 44+ million consumers globally purchased from independent and direct-to-consumer brands powered by Shopify, a 50% jump from 2019.
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday Weekend sales peaked at 12:00 PM ET on Black Friday, with $102 million+ sales that hour.
- Consumers spent $89.20 USD on average per order throughout the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. Consumers in Japan ($106.40 USD) and Australia ($105.50 USD) spent the most on average, ahead of shoppers in Canada ($103.00 USD), US ($92.80 USD), and others.
- The top-selling cities over the shopping weekend were New York, Los Angeles, and London while the US, UK and Canada were amongst the top-selling countries worldwide.
- Japan (347%), Italy (211%), Germany (189%), and UK (122%) saw triple-digit growth of sales on the platform since last year.
- Mobile sales stayed relatively flat this Black Friday/Cyber Monday compared to last year, with 67% of sales made on mobile devices versus 33% on desktop, compared to 68% of sales made on mobile devices versus 32% on desktop in 2019.
- Apparel and accessories held the top spot for sales across Shopify-powered stores this weekend, with health and beauty, and home and garden following.
Another merchant who I work with a lot sent me a FB
screenshot of his shopify sales in the last month like a 2000% growth the other day and he was doing it all on eBay before….his store is going from strength to strength…better prices of course.
Think he does a lot through that price spy and managed to get a couple of deals on hotukdeals before the mods decided he was not in the club.
No Google advertising either.
Wow, $5 billion+ in sales in just one weekend! That’s a GDP of a small country! 🙂
What’s more interesting is that if we assume that the average Shopify fee is 1%, they made 50 million in commissions! That’s impressive.