One platform with all the ecommerce and point of sale features you need to start, run, and grow your business.
12 products to sell in 2020 according to Shopify
To help sellers succeed in ecommerce Shopify have revealed the three things needed: in-demand products to sell, the skills to market them, and the drive to succeed. It’s not always easy knowing what products to sell and so, to help sellers out, here are 12 products to sell in 2020 according to Shopify:
- Peel-off face mask: According to Shopify Peel-off face masks are seeing an increase in interest across Google Trends, Oberlo, and Amazon. When selling them focus on visual social media platforms to maximize your potential sales.
- Nail polish: The trend in designer nails has caused the global nail polish market to expand with Google Trends showing the term ‘nail polish’ to be trending up in March 2020. Consumers love to see nail experiments and trendy designs. Showcasing a number of these can be beneficial to gaining customers.
- Exercise bands: These are becoming seriously popular and the shut down of gyms could be responsible. At home, exercise is likely to stick around for some time making fitness brands highly sought after.
- Water bottles: Reusable water bottles have been continuously growing for a while now and a rise in the demand for healthier living has created more sustainability-driven consumers.
- Blankets: Winter is right around the corner and keeping cosy in the home is important to consumers. Sustainable blankets which are stylish, modern and comfortable are especially in demand.
- Yoga and pilates mats: The demand in at home exercise and health has also caused a rise in Yoga mats. The benefits of yoga are spreading and this is expected to continue to rise throughout the coming years. Consumers will likely be looking for products in line with a minimal and natural feel so keep this in mind if selling Yoga equipment.
- Kayak accessories: Kayaking is also gaining popularity, not suprising with many people taking to the outdoors and enjoying nature.
- Jigsaw puzzles: Puzzles have been popular since the 60’s but are back on the rise after lockdown has had people stuck indoors looking for ways to pass time.
- Kitchen and dining room furniture: As people have been doing more DIY and home renovations, demand for kitchen and dining room furniture has been growing.
- Rugs: Home decor has also been trending and rugs seem to be helping make spaces more cozy and welcoming. The search term “rugs” is generating 673,000 searches per month.
- Board games: Another unsurprisingly popular product in 2020 during a time when families are spending quality time together whilst stuck at home. Usually, boardgames trend during Christmas but this year has been a bit different. Building communities and finding groups aimed at families could help with marketing these products.
- Laptop skins: They trend every few years and with more people working from home on their laptops it isnt suprising that they are trending now.