Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Today 11am: Amazon FBA changes & International Opportunity Webinar
Join the Department for International Trade and Tamebay at 11am today in our webinar which will reveal and inform more about upcoming Amazon FBA changes and the International opportunity available from cross border selling.
From the 1st of January 2021, Amazon will break the link for FBA between the UK and EU countries, and the UK will be free to establish it’s on Trade Agreements around the world. This will have a significant impact on your business – your strategy for selling on Amazon into Europe will change so log on at 11am today to find out more.
There is also the opportunity to target other regions around the world and in today’s webinar we’ll take a look at marketplaces in North America, New Zealand and Australia where you can grow your business on platforms other than Amazon and DIT can assist you to get started.
Amazon FBA changes – January 2021
- FBA users using EFN will no longer be fulfilled across the UK-EU border
- What the changes mean for sellers:
- Moving inventory
- VAT registration in EU5
- Reminder that EU sellers will have to do the same if they want to continue selling in UK – A potential positive for the domestic market
Other opportunities to consider
- As mentioned above, the domestic market might become less saturated on Amazon
- Other regions to consider which are relatively easy as they are English speaking and do not require a lot of translation work:
- North America
- New Zealand
I’m in the webinar and can hear the presentation but can’t access the slideshow, would it be possible to get a copy of this following the Webinar.
Hey Bruce, yes of course – we’ll be publishing along with a replay of the webinar shortly