Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Amazon’s list of top 10 states for digital entrepreneurs in 2020
Last week Amazon revealed the top 10 states with most digital entrepreneurs per capita and the top 10 states with the fastest-growing number of digital entrepreneurs. The data released by Amazon reveals that more sellers have brought their businesses online during COVID-19 and 47 of the states in the U.S. have more than 1,000 SMB sellers and 26 states each have more than 5,000 SMB sellers.
“Iowa is home to thousands of small and medium-sized businesses selling in Amazon’s stores and we’re working hard to support their growth despite the global pandemic, Both top 10 lists we revealed demonstrate innovation in every corner of the country, with states like Iowa, Delaware, Wyoming, and Alabama coming out on top.”
– Keri Cusick, head of small business empowerment, Amazon
Top 10 states with the most digital entrepreneurs
- Iowa: Nearly 10,000 SMB sellers
- Delaware: Over 3,000 SMB sellers
- California: More than 100,000 SMB sellers
- Wyoming: Over 1,000 SMB sellers
- New Jersey: More than 20,000 SMB sellers
- Vermont: Over 1,000 SMB sellers
- New York: Nearly 50,000 SMB sellers
- Utah: More than 7,000 SMB sellers
- New Hampshire: Over 3,000 SMB sellers
- Florida: More than 50,000 SMB sellers
According to Amazon, there are plenty of small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon from every single state of the U.S. Last year, 15,000 American SMBs exceeded $1 million in sales in Amazon’s stores worldwide, and nearly 25,000 surpassed $500,000 in sales. SMB’s are vital to Amazon’s growth and survival as they make up over 50% of all items sold in Amazon’s stores worldwide.
“Launching on Amazon is by far the best decision I’ve made for my business, We’ve reached more customers than we ever could have on our own and have continued to grow more than 90 percent year-over-year. Thanks to our growth with Amazon, we now have 15 local employees in Ankeny and just moved into a 7,000 square foot office and warehouse, and are in the process of expanding further.”
– Blake Anderson, CEO, Pet Parents®