eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection
How are consumer shopping habits changing during Coronavirus?
ChannelAdvisor have recently surveyed shoppers to track their changing consumer shopping habits during lockdown and there are some interesting stats on marketplaces:
- 78% of consumers have researched products on Amazon. Furthermore, if we’re looking at 36 – 45 year olds, this figure rises to 84%.
- 53% of consumer said they have researched products on eBay, of our age groups, it’s 26-35 year-olds who are most likely to research products on eBay (66% vs the 53% average)
- 51% of 26-35 year olds research products on Google shopping compared to 34% averaged across all age groups.
Google Shopping is particularly interesting – as pointed out by Izabela Catiru, ChannelAdvisor Product Marketing Manager, in yesterday’s webinar , many consumers might actually be using Google Shopping without actually being aware of it so that 51% figure could be even higher. You can watch the full webinar for strategies on how to engage consumers on Google Shopping, especially for those with physical stores reopening this coming Monday 15th of June below.
It’s not just where people shop that counts however – how are consumer shopping habits changing when it comes to actually spending money rather than just research?
- 38% have spent more on Amazon
- 23% have spent more on eBay
- 18% have spent more on retailer or brand websites
- 9% have spent more on other marketplaces
You can read the full analysis of ChannelAdvisor’s survey on consumer shopping habits including the coronavirus impact on social media shopping habits here.
ChannelAdvisor is a leading provider of cloud-based e-commerce solutions that enable retailers and branded manufacturers to integrate, manage and optimise their merchandise sales across hundreds of online channels