eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection
eBay Traffic Month: Driving revenue and traffic with the eBay Partner Network
In this the fourth eBay Traffic Month post, eBay discuss how US sellers, signed up with the eBay Partner Network, can earn a 100% final value fee credit when you bring a customer to eBay who buys one of your listings within 24 hours. You can also earn a commission when a customer you bring in makes a qualifying purchase from a different seller in that same timeframe.
How to sign up to the eBay Partner Network
- Visit the eBay Partner Network Sign Up page.
- Sign up with your eBay account.
- Keep an eye out for your welcome email, which comes within hours.
- Log in to the eBay Partner Network.
- In the dashboard, paste the URL for your listings or store to create promotable links
- You can also use our add-on tools like SmartShare and Bookmarklet to create and share links directly from your browser window.
- Share the links across social media, emails, your website, or anywhere else you have an audience that can drive in traffic to eBay.
What do you get paid for under the eBay Partner Network
- If you drive traffic to eBay and the buyer completes a Qualifying Transaction on one of your items, you’ll receive a commission and an incentive credit to offset your final value fee for that sale.
- For all other Qualifying Transactions (i.e. transactions resulting in a purchase from any other eBay seller), you can earn commissions up to 6% of the item sale price.
eBay Partner Network Strategy
The process of creating links, sharing them, and earning money with eBay Partner Network is simple, but creating and executing a marketing plan that incorporates affiliate marketing requires a strategy designed for your business and goals. When creating links, consider what would grab buyers’ attention, like especially unique, seasonally relevant, or deeply discounted items.
Consider setting auto accept/decline best offers and then you can hold a ‘Secret Sale’. Market your product with messaging such as “Normally $100 but for this weekend only submit an offer for $75 for group members only and we’ll accept your offer” to create a sense of urgency and make your followers feel special… and of course if it’s a good offer generate a ton of sales with 0% final value fees.
Most importantly for sellers, eBay recommend a “test-and-learn” approach, especially as you begin building your audience. The eBay Partner Network has a robust dashboard that can give you rich insights into what channels and strategies are working.
eBay have developed resources like the eBay Partner Network Help Center, a dedicated Seller Center page, a Getting Started guide, and (once you’ve signed up) emails from eBay to help you make the most of the program.