eBay Listing Week promotion for business sellers

By Chris Dawson May 19, 2020 - 10:00 am

Following the success of the recent eBay Listing Week promotion for business sellers, eBay are running it again. Established business sellers invited to participate will get 100 free listings & £1 Final value fees.

To take part in the eBay Listing Week you must first activate your exclusive invitation-only offer – if you have been invited to the promotion then you can activate the offer here. Then, list up to 100 free listings before the 25th of May, and you’ll pay a maximum of £1 in final value fees on those items sold within 30 days of listing.

The aim is to attract new inventory to eBay which converts and generates sales. This May eBay Listing Week promotion is by invitation only and certain category restrictions, as well as promotion Terms & Conditions, will apply.

For a long time, we’ve heard complaints from business sellers that all of the listing promotions were aimed at private sellers, so this is your opportunity to grab some free listings and limit final value fees to £1. With fees in many categories around 10%, make use of this promotion for listing stock with a high final value for maximum savings – there’s no point listing stock under the promotion if the final value fee would normally be about £1 or less anyway.

Last eBay Listing Week promotion I was charged full fees, not £1?

We’ve heard a few people who took part last time say that the full final value fees were charged. Please note that if an item qualifies for the Promotion, when the item sells, the full FVF will be charged during the Promotion Period. The discount will be credited to your account within 30 days of transaction date.

Free insertion fees discount will be automatically credited to your account once listing is created. You can read the full terms and conditions here.

• NorthCrystal
    2 months ago

“Great” if one gets the invitation.

We got 3 day restricted account (no sales) over the weekend for misuse of brand name from a VERO member. The restriction was a mistake but, hey, “contact the brand owner to resolve the issue” said eBay. The brand owner does not give a monkey to reply to our enquiry.

• SAM
    2 months ago

What I do not get is WHY they have to charge you full fee and then credit you back later…surely it would have just been easier to do what they have done with the private seller one they have been offering for years, always over complicating things.
    Anyway deals for businesses are long overdue, and it may encourage people to be more upfront.

There are products I am now selling on eBay (more expensive does not always mean more margin) that I would not even look at it for in the past.

• alan paterson
    2 months ago

@ those above. why are you complaining about an excellent promotion. All I hear on tamely is complaints about how ebay are not helping their sellers and that they should reduce fees and then when they do launch promotions ………… folk complain about the promotion.

I really do feel sorry for ebay. They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

• NorthCrystal
      2 months ago

I have the right to a valid complain here.
      Why? Been selling on eBay for 5 years (I know it does not compare with the “old dogs”), and it’s quite successful business. I employ two people out of this eBay enterprise. Not huge numbers but then there is a niche in categoru which we sell in. Yet not “invited” to this wonderful promotion. 100 new listings and max £1 fee if sells for 30 days?! Wow.

Listings are so cheap IMO that then could do better than that. we’re sometimes adding 1000 new listings a day. We’re on the medium level subscription. Stop excusing eBay. This promotion is good enough for eBay and nobody else. eBay can then excuse themselves saying “we’re helping businesses thrive”.

• Alan Paterson

@ Northcrystal

I can see that you are upset. It would seem you have not been offered this promotion. It is understandable you are upset………………it is such a good promotion. But that is a separate issue.

I was talking more in a general sense as everyone I know has been offered this.Your time on ebay is irrelevant as I know people who have been selling less that 4 months who have been offered this.

I would advise if you are listing 1000 items per day then you are on the wrong tier of shop. 1000 items per day!? Are you sure about those figures?

” This promotion is good enough for eBay and nobody else. ” is quite a sweeping and inaccurate statement you have made. Quite the opposite – everyone I know are more than happy with the promotion.

I don’t think you really understand the promotion if you are taking the piss out it. ebay haven’t just discounted the listing fees but also the FVF. And to that offer you sarcastically say “wow”? You say “its good for ebay and nobody else”, how do you conclude that?

It would seem the fundamental problem here is that you haven’t been offered it. But just because you haven’t received an invite does not make it a bad promotion for everyone else. The point you are making is a different issue entirely.

• Ratso

Well said Alan.

It`s a real help to micro businesses like mine when they do these kind of promotions and although they are by no means perfect it never helps to be a constant critic without being able to say “well done” now and again.

As for the folks out there putting 1000 listings on Ebay a day – did you think they should offer you no fees for 30,000 items this month??? Do you think Ebay would survive that kind of giveaway for long? Geez….

Thanks EBAY!

• Jim

Noblesse oblige

• Alan Paterson
    1 month ago

@ Awesome Jim, you speak two languages! Bad English and the above. Absolutely awesome!

• Jim

Supercilious Alan
      Are you able to understand plain English?

F**k off your an a***hole

• alan paterson
      1 month ago

@ AWESOME Jim, as always – absolutely awesome. I love your humour. I will work on the missing letters and get back to you. I love quizzes. Just to let you know though – there are many permutations for the missing letters.

Give me a clue ….. are you being nice? or being nasty ?

• Jim

Va te faire foutre

• Alan Paterson
      1 month ago

@ Awesome Jim ….. thats really clever …… you have found Google Translate or perhaps have a Babel fish in your ear?

Its good to see your posts making as much sense as they usually do.

• Jim

Ok
      No more from me
      Have fun
      Find someone else to insult and manufacture arguments. With to entertain yourself

• NorthCrystal

@Alan

I’m glad you have read my comment in full, and you also seem to worry about my business’ actions 😉

I have written that “sometimes” we’re adding 1000 listings a day (yes, thousand). But we’re NOT doing it every day! So your further conclusion of us having wrong shop subscription is rather pointless.

This new offer applies to 100 brand new listings that will sold within first 30 days, and I don’t care if eBay waived FVF on those 100 listings. This promotion is simply basic promotion. There should be something better IMO. By offering said promotion to *selected* sellers then eBay can say it’s all glitter and gold.

I don’t criticise eBay often. In fact there’s so much negative things commented by others on TB that I started to limit reading the comments section more and more often.

• Alan Paterson
      1 month ago

@ Northcrystal. my apologies, I have now read your previous posts and see the problem you had with being restricted from the platform. I frequently had calls from the “Vero” team at ebay over my use of the word “velcro” in my listings. I do sympathise and now better understand your problem.

I had read your most recent post thoroughly. I did see that you said that you were “sometimes” uploading 1000 a day. Even sometimes that seems like a staggeringly high amount.

If you count all the shops I was working on at the time I had generated nearly quarter of a million feedback but I didn’t put anywhere near 1000 listings a day on. thats an astronomical figure. I chose to ignore the fact you wrote ‘sometimes” so as I could better make my point …… sorry about that. 🙂

Whether the promotion be simple or basic: when you study it and see how much money can be saved I am genuinely very happy with the promotion especially when you combine it with other initiatives ebay have extended to sellers during the pandemic.

Its ironic that I am not personally benefiting from it. I only have a few things up that were in my house. My main shoe business is “on hold” due to ill health although I am still networking to keep in touch and helping friends / clients. Gives me something do do during lock-down.

I genuinely do think ebay have had our backs with this one but can see how you would think otherwise having your account restricted for 3 days which is no doubt what has precluded you from the offer.

• Ratso
    1 month ago

@ Chris Dawson – Can you please take care of the children- I think they may need a little nap as they seem to be getting all shouty at each other!

• 1 month ago

Noted! Please play nicely if this applies to you. I hate having to put regulars on moderation.

• Tyrone Power
    1 month ago

@ Chris. I really wish you would. I made a post a few days ago in reply to Jim which was perhaps understandably blocked by Tamebay. Perhaps I went a little far with my wording.

I know you have been diplomatic and not stated any names. However, Jim is spoiling many good posts and good discussions on here with his childish attitude. If someone is complaining about ebay its fine he will complain and moan along with them. Any helpful or educational posts however he attacks. This will drive good people away from Tamebay.

I hope you will publish my post this time as it is my genuine opinion. Perhaps if he realises he is annoying regulars and not just the people he is attaching he will be more PC.

• 1 month ago

I am at a loss why anyone if invited would complain about such an excellent offer.

We were invited to the last one in April and this one, we sold quite a few lots that were listed within the period , one being an item for £2000, yes we were charged the normal fees but will be credited this back at some point soon leaving ebay only the £1.

I am struggling why anyone would complain, ebay do not have to offer such a deal, it would appear the old saying that you can not please all of the people all of the time rings true.

I say ebay, “Thank You” , the only thing I would say is when such a deal is offered it would be good to have some sort of area within the selling hub to keep track of what sells that was listed during the promotion and sold within the 30 days, as it stands unless I am missing something there is nothing there to track what sold and qualifies, you then have to rely on memory or start jotting things down ,

• Rob
      1 month ago

@ Colin some sellers are like some buyers, always want more. Then you give them that and they still complain and want more.
      Buyers expect free postage, then they want it sending quicker with next day postage included. Then want free returns. Will you accept less because it’s ebay.
      Sellers get given 100 listing with £1 final value fees and they still complain. Think some would still complain if they did not have to pay any fees to list or sell.

• 1 month ago

@Rob , I agree with you, I suppose it can only be put down to ‘Human Greed’.

• Rob
      1 month ago

Yeah agree some of it greed and some of it down to the behaviors ebay have encouraged over the years. Must get 10 – 15 messages a week asking for money off. Never had one message on Amazon asking for money off. Try to compete best I can on price but quite a lot of competitors don’t declare they are a business on ebay so no doubt get lots of FVF offers throughout the year, many don’t accept returns, no doubt many don’t declare tax either. But hey ho on ebay you can do that and they are not bother if you are a business or not.
      Nice they are finally helping the small businesses for a change with TV and radio promotions advertising that small businesses are still open. Plus not going to turn down the £1 FVFs offer.

• The offer is probably useful to most sellers. But it is clearly more valuable to some than others.

Someone who sells items worth £250 with free delivery, and sells 100 a month, will see a welcome reduction in FVFs.

Someone who sells 99p items, with separate P&P, (eg beads, haberdashery, nuts & bolts, postcards), will clearly find the offer less attractive. It will not be worth their effort creating 100 new listings, especially if they only expect to sell 1 in 20 listings in the course of a month.

Welcome to our Tamebay Guide. Companies listed in the directory represent the leading suppliers in the UK and Europe.

eBay

eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection