With over 11,500 branches across the UK the Post Office has the greatest number of parcel drop off shops
30% increase in Drop & Go customers at the Post Office
Drop & Go is a way to purchase postage and literally drop your post and parcels at the Post Office and leave. This fast track service for businesses and online sellers sending parcels, has seen a 30% increase in use since Mid-March as small businesses adapt to continue trading during lockdown. If that’s you and you’re looking for a simple way to despatch, buying postage with a pre-pay Drop & Go account will give you the quickest way to drop your postage off at a Post Office.
New customers signing up to use Drop & Go is 3.5 times higher than the same period last year. The increased sign-ups come as the Post Office launched a feature that allows users to sign up for the service online and use their account instantly. Previously, customers had to validate their account by presenting their ID at a branch. Mobile registration for Drop & Go has now been enabled too.
“For small businesses, particularly new ones, being able to get goods out to customers quickly will play a key part in the nation’s recovery from coronavirus. We are here to support the UK’s entrepreneurs. Our Drop & Go service enables them to send their parcels quickly whilst at the same time minimising time spent in our branches and helping us ensure safe social distancing.”
Millions of parcels are processed by the Post Office every week and around 75% of all market place seller items come through the Post Office’s 11,500 branches. The Post Office will be launching an in-branch and digital advertising campaign in June to promote its Drop & Go service.
– Mark Siviter, Managing Director of Mails and Retail, Post Office
How Post Office Drop & Go works
- Create an account at postoffice.co.uk/dropandgo
- Take items to a branch, along with your account number, at a convenient time. The Post Office have advised customers to consolidate trips in order to minimise time spent at a branch and help maintain social distancing.
- The Post Office staff will weigh and measure items, print and affix postage labels and process the mail. The cost of which will be taken from your account
- You’ll receive an alert when the items have been processed.
- You can automatically top up their account online 24 hours a day.
Don’t bother, print your labels online create a manifest sheet let post office stamp it as proof of postage.
The post office have failed to protect me numerous times, why should I pay a premium only to be told royal mail are a separate company and pass it back to RM to self investigate and cover up proven postal fraud.
Not to mention all of my mail would currently be delayed by a day because counter cannot complete before RM’s revised collection times.
I want the post office to win my business back but I’m not going to be mugged.