What’s happening with eBay Click & Collect at Argos

By Lauren Fruncillo March 26, 2020 - 8:00 am

Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on stricter measures to stop the spread of COVID-19, Argos standalone stores are now closed and unavailable for eBay Click & Collect. Understandably the government is trying to limit unnecessary outings as much as possible, you can find important information regarding the announcement and what will happen to parcels already in the system below. Argos are currently unable to offer any guidance on when their stores will reopen and offer these services again.

“We will share more details about how we will continue to serve you as soon as possible. For now, thank you for your support and understanding.”
– Argos

Although the Click & Collect Service is still available at over 2500 of their collection points at Argos stores within Sainsbury’s and at collection points with CollectPlus, parcels stored at or on their way to one of the closed stores won’t get to your consumers.

“Following Government guidelines, our Argos standalone stores are temporarily closed.

You can continue to shop online. Our Argos stores and collection points within Sainsbury’s are still open, and available for collection if and when you need to pick up essential supplies.”
– Argos

Click & Collect orders impacted by the store closures:

Parcels in store awaiting collection

Buyers will be unable to collect their orders, these will be processed as a return and sent back to you via Royal Mail at no additional cost. Once you have received a returned item, you’ll need to issue a refund to the buyer.

Parcels in-transit

Deliveries will not be accepted, and parcels will be sent back to you via your original carrier as long as a returns address was provided. Once you have received a returned item you will need to issue a refund to the buyer.

Seller Protections

Orders that are impacted will be protected from any defects, negative feedback and eMBG requests.

• Mark Yeardsley
    2 weeks ago

Argos within Sainsburys are also closed now,

• 2 weeks ago

I only have one parcel in transit to a closed click and collect.

It came up as ADDRESS INACCESSIBLE

I contacted the customer and they wanted the item even with a delay. We communicated via eBay messages and as this is exceptional circumstances they provided an alternative address.

I’ve used the royalmail redelivery service (royalmail.com/redelivery) by entering the details as if a red card had been left and the redirection address the customer provided.

I wont know if its worked until Friday as that was the first redelivery slot available.

I understand that there is potential risk as it will fall outside of seller protections.

Fortunately this customer was in the same postal district as the click and collect address so a redelivery attempt could be requested.

• 2 weeks ago

It’s Friday and the click and collect royal mail.com/redelivery using customers name and new address has worked. My stuck in the system parcel as click and collect was closed is now with the intended customer at no extra cost.

Brilliant service by Royal Mail for their redelivery working so well, especially at such an unusual time.

• thomas mclennan
    2 weeks ago

what about getting the click and collect parcels out off argos and send the to the nearest sainsbury click and collect this will help everybody

• Colin
    2 weeks ago

My parcel was delivered to Argos and I cannot get news or contact from Argos.
    It seems rather poor that this week Argos at Leven
    1. They did not communicate in any way about my eBay parcel.
    2. Seemed to lose another parcel from eBay a few days previously and could not explain its whereabouts.
    3. Cancelled an order from Argos itself without explanation or contact.
    Very poor performance by Argos including number 2 which was before any store difficulties.
    I have seemingly lost 3 orders and a general email from Argos central data base would be reassuring.

• Graham
    2 weeks ago

Sounds like I’ll be left to pick up the tab for the £25 cost of initial postage and insurance of an item that is being returned. Can’t see eBay helping with that.

• Band
    2 weeks ago

I postponed collecting an item as was self isolating. I went to collect today, although the item was there with a note to say keep until 28 March the service person would not give it to me as the system issues a return! It’s unbelievable. They were not apoplectic or acknowledging the fact thati waited a week rather than putting them at risk and the item was there yet couldn’t have it and therefore the item will have to be returned! Now i have to pay the seller postage again and put a lot of extra people at risk for item that I could have received today. Very frustrating and unj acceptable..
    not happy with solihull Argos click and collect and will never use again. What’s t point of writing a note and keep the item to tell me that I couldn’t have it.. not impressed.

• Tracie ALLINSON
    1 week ago

My parcel gonna be sent back monday how can i stop this cant get in touch with store as it is closed temporarily

• B.Hanassiou
    1 week ago

My locaL Argos were more professional this time around . ive lost parcels on other occasions due to picking up late and the sender leaving no return address …But all my parcels got messaged on Ebay even though i use an alias for click & collect…My thoughts is that a diligent member of staff contacted ebay using the code on the Argos address slip which corresponds to order details…
    It basically is down to the work ethic of the staff