PayPal Business Financing Merchant Assistance Program

By Chris Dawson March 29, 2020 - 4:26 pm

PayPal have quietly launched a PayPal Business Financing Merchant Assistance Program offer a 30 day pause on repayments on PayPal Working Capital Loans. If you would like to access this then you’ll find it by logging into your PayPal Working Capital account.

There will be no charges for pausing your payments and the fixed fee you agreed to when you took out the loan will remain the same and won’t be increased. The PayPal Business Financing Merchant Assistance Program simply pauses all payments on your loan for 30 days at which point payments will recommence.

We’re here to support your business

“Businesses of all sizes are under stress as a result of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. We know some of you are facing significant hardship at this time and may need more flexibility repaying your PayPal Working Capital cash advance.

We are here to help during these challenging times.

Should you need assistance, please request enrolment in the PayPal Business Financing Merchant Assistance Program by clicking the button below. If your account is eligible, no repayments will be required for 30 days. There is no charge for enrolling in this program and your fixed fee will remain unchanged.

Please note, it may take 1-2 business days for your enrolment to complete and repayments to stop. Just check your PayPal Working Capital account to confirm that payments have stopped. Payments will automatically resume after 30 days.”
– PayPal

• jim
    2 months ago

our payments have automatically stopped anyhow
    were selling sod all

• Darren
    2 months ago

I know everyone is stressed, me included, and our sales have tumbled. However, these big companies have their on challenges – just bigger numbers – staff shortages, reduced revenue etc – the same as most of us.

I for one am very grateful to Paypal for this offer and have taken them up on it. We are still selling a few items here and there and the extra cash-flow from this is a help. They are not obliged to help – so I am glad they did.

Stay safe everyone and lets all get through this with positivity and solutions.

• Jim
    2 months ago

Were not grateful Though we acknowledge the gesture

Paypal like everyone including all major companies are duty and morally bound to help
    Were all in this together

• Mr Grumpy
    2 months ago

I dont really see how this helps anyone. No sale no repayments can be made, what IMO would be better is reducing the amount that has to be repaid in the quarter, before they attack your bank account for the shortfall in payments.

• Bryce
    2 months ago

AND they have stopped issuing new loans because eBay are bringing in their own payment system !

• Azara
      2 months ago

Hi Bryce,
      I do not think Working Capitol will ever stop being “working capitol” if you agreed to eBays new funding source, or even accidentally hit the option, then yes, you will most likely not be eligible for another loan in the future. I have never even thought twice about using eBay! I have had several loans through working capitol, and it has been a true life line for my small business. As far as I know…..you do not HAVE to use eBay’s new processing/funding. I made it very clear when it was first announced that I have ZERO interest in using eBays new “whatever you want to call it”…..I was just about to the point of being harassed to sign up until I made it “extremely clear”.

Now if there is something I am unaware of, that eBay will FORCE you to use them in the future, well then I guess it is finally time to build an external site…..

• Kevin
    2 months ago

Is it true paypal stopped issuing working capital loans?

PayPal

PayPal Working Capital is a merchant cash advance linked directly to your PayPal account.