Winter shift in consumer psychology
Seller, I bring to you a horoscope for the new decade. There has been a shift, the planet of giving has aligned with the self-loving consumer. Consumer psychology has changed for the winter and although customers are still in the giving mood, their purchases are a little more self motivated. A report from Criteo shows what consumers are looking for during the winter months.
What is the winter consumer buying?
- Tools for a new job In January there is an 81% increase in conversions on employment websites, almost double compared to Demember. People will be looking for office supplies, business apparel and anything for their new careers.
- Home comforts Surprisingly, January is a busy month for real estate. With house prices lower during January its a buyers market and the best month to purchase a house. Home and garden decor will be on the minds of perspective home owners.
- Summer necessities Travel bookings surge around this time of the year due to the miserable and dreary weather. Thinking of warmer times are not only good for travel companies but for sellers who stock items for the summer. During the cold months people will be preparing for the warmer days.
- Wellbeing supplies New Years resolutions and overall bettering of health will be on the minds of people this month. Vitamins and dietary supplements are currently growing faster than other cosmetics and as consumers focus on their health sales of supplements begin rising considerably.
- New phone accessories. Many people want to get their hands on their latest piece of tech and Christmas is a popular time to receive mobile phones, for this reason the sale of mobile phone accessories are on the rise through January.
To conclude, a shift in consumer psychology has created customers who are looking for ways to improve their lives, lifestyles and health during the wind down from the hustle and bustle of the Christmas period.
Home comforts Surprisingly, January is a busy month for real estate. With house prices lower during January its a buyers market and the best month to purchase a house.
“December is actually it is when you put a cheeky offer in. Wife runs an estate agent.
As it is busy in January it creates more competition, house price actually start going up…