Magento 2.3.4: building engaging customer experiences
Kicking off the new decade is the arrival of Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.4, aimed at helping merchants create more engaging experiences for their customers. The update helps sellers maintain sustained growth.
Page builder enhancements
Page builder was a huge success and merchants have been using it to deliver fresh content to consumers. Merchants now have full control over product showcasing within page content.
- Sort products in Page Builder by product position in the category or list of product SKUs.
- Sort by various predefined parameters like name, price, stock status, and more.
- Showcase products in either static product grids that highlight all items at once, or in image carousels that feature matched products in rotating slides.
Page builder & PWA Studio compatibility
There has been a noticeable increase in successful headless storefronts being built using Progressive Web App Studio.
- Content created with Page Builder can be rendered in Progressive Web App Studio’s Venia reference storefront, giving the creative control and power of Page Builder to marketers designing PWA studio-based storefronts.
Adobe Stock integration
A survey found small and mid market merchants don’t produce their own media and instead use stock imagery.
- Magento 2.3.4 has integrated Adobe Stock so merchants can conveniently find and licence media for their websites with their Adobe ID.
- Magento merchants who renew existing or activate new licenses will receive a free, one-time allocation of Adobe Stock credits. Merchants who fit these criteria and are interested in this program can reach out to their Customer Success Manager to learn more and begin taking advantage of the massive library of assets in Adobe Stock.
Chat powered by Dotdigital
In Magento Comerce 2.2.2 Dotdigital was the first Vendor Bundled Extension with its code already integrated into the platform.
- In the new update Dotdigital’s Vendor Bundled Extension now includes Chat and will include one free agent for merchants to get started.
Magento go into more detail about their latest update on their website.