Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Record breaking Cyber Monday for Amazon this year
It’s another record-breaking holiday season for Amazon as hundreds of millions of items were ordered between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday this year. Amazon have announced today that Cyber Monday was the biggest shopping day in its history with more items being purchased from third-party sellers as ever before.
“We’re focused on making this holiday season more convenient than ever for our customers, especially given how short this holiday shopping season will be,”
“We are thrilled that customers continue to come to Amazon in record numbers to discover what they need and want for the holidays. Thank you to our customers and employees all around the world for making this holiday shopping weekend the best yet.”
– Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon
Best selling catagories:
- Toys were a huge hit this year with more purchased on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined than ever before, the best sellers included Monopoly Game: Disney Frozen 2 Edition, LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader’s Castle and various Hasbro games such as Jenga & Guess Who.
- Fashion broke records with more being purchased this Cyber Monday than any other single day in Amazon’s history. Best-sellers included the Champion Men’s Powerblend Fleece Pullover Hoodie and Carhartt Men’s Acrylic Watch Hat.
- Home was a leading category with more than 25 million household items sold worldwide on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- Beauty products reached a new high with four million purchases made. Favourites included L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara, Oral-B Genius Pro 900 Electric Toothbrush and the Lagunamoon Essential Oils Top 6 Gift Set
There was also a record amount of Amazon’s own devices sold throughout their stores over the period with millions more purchased worldwide compared to the same occasion last year. With more people purchasing smart home devices it is no surprise that some of the most popular included the Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote and Echo Dot.
Last year I had a great sales increase during the Black Friday week, but this year sales stayed flat throughout the week, with a slight increase during the weekend. This was +/- 200 sales a day.
Now, the Cyber Monday came at a great surprise – 400 sales!!! Could it be that the new Black Friday is actually Cyber Monday? Or everyone is just waiting for best possible, last-minute deals to be announced on Monday. Who knows…
But I can totally agree with Monday being the best day in terms of sales ever!