Pantone announce Classic Blue as colour of the year 2020
The Pantone colour of the year 2020 has just been announced as 19-4502 Classic Blue and is said to symbolize a whole lot of good things so why on earth aren’t you using it more?
Pantone’s take on Classic Blue:
This particular Blue had been said to symbolize:
- Deep thinking
- Open mindedness
Blue just turned multisensory:
For the announcement, Pantone teamed up with a few companies to create a multisensory take on Classic Blue. I assume by multisensory they mean ‘imagine how the colour might affect your senses.’ We won’t be held accountable for any screen licking!
- The sight of the Color of the Year 2020 Pantone 19-4502 Classic Blue: Imprinted in our psyches as a restful color, Classic Blue brings a sense of peace and tranquility to the human spirit, offering refuge. A reflective blue tone, Classic Blue fosters resilience.
- The sound of the Color of the Year 2020, in partnership with Audio UX: The sound of Classic Blue, Vivid Nostalgia, is nostalgic and takes us to a place that is comforting and familiar.
- The texture of the Color of the Year 2020, in partnership with The Inside: The feel of the color fabric translates into a soft, velvety texture, further emphasizing the calming quality of the color, while eliciting feelings of empowerment to expand the mind and build foundation for the future.
- The taste and scent of the Color of the Year 2020, in partnership with Firmenich: The taste of the color is described as gentle and elegant, and explores the idea of maturing through ripening.
- The scent of the Color of the Year 2020, also in partnership with Firmenich: The scent of the color elicits contemplation and a feeling of optimism for the future, with notes of blue water and sea salt lifted by airy sky.
What makes Blue useful to branding?
It might just look like a colour but there is a lot more to it than you might realize. In today’s consumer climate, the colour Blue can come in very handy for branding and marketing alike because of how the colour makes people feel. Colour is a vital part of the branding process and choosing the right one for your audience and what you as a brand stand for is as important as the products you sell. Blue is a relaxing colour and in an increasingly energetic world, a brand might not want to create even more chaos in a customer’s life. Amazon is a good example of a marketplace that currently use a variety of Blues within their branding where on top of everything mentioned in the list above they want to be seen as trustworthy.