Amazon Heavy and Large Programme Webinar
Selling heavy and large item such as baths, sofas, white goods, sports equipment or sheds doesn't really fit with the regular marketplace version of ecommerce. Marketplaces have pretty good solutions for selling and shipping shoe box sized items, but when things get heavy and large
Selling heavy and large item such as baths, sofas, white goods, sports equipment or sheds doesn't really fit with the regular marketplace version of ecommerce. Marketplaces have pretty good solutions for selling and shipping shoe box sized items, but when things get heavy and large they don't generally have the flexibility to schedule pallet or two man deliveries which need to be on a specific day when the consumer is home to accept the item.
Recognising the problem, the Amazon Heavy and Large aims to give the flexibility needed. As an invite only programme (yes you can apply to be invited), it gives you options for an Arranged Delivery (You or your carrier will contact the customer via call, text or email to arrange the delivery) or a Scheduled Delivery (Customers can choose their preferred delivery date or delivery slot in a calendar at checkout).
Qualification for Amazon Heavy and Large programme
To qualify for the Amazon Heavy & Large programme, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You sell heavy and large items (over 30kg or 1,5m in length).
- You transfer tracking IDs to Amazon and work with an integrated carrier that can provide full tracking information to Amazon.
- For Arranged Delivery, you or your carrier(s) arrange delivery with the customer. For Scheduled Delivery, you are able to deliver heavy and large products within the customers' preferred delivery date or slot. You can setup the calendar in advance with your available delivery dates and slots.
Apply for Amazon Heavy and Large Programme
When you are ready you can apply to receive an invite to the programme here.
If you have any questions you can email Amazon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon Heavy and Large Webinar
If you would like to learn more, Amazon are holding a Large and Heavy programme webinar on the 7th of November at 11am. It will cover:
- How does Amazon define a Heavy and Large product?
- What are the key issues with buying and selling Heavy and Large products
- What is the Heavy and Large programme?
- How can I benefit?
- What criteria do I have to meet to Join?
- How can I enrol?
Click here to register your place.