Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Amazon Small Business Awards open for nominations from US sellers
The Amazon Small Business Awards have been launched for US merchants and nominations are now open.
The Amazon Small Business Awards aim to celebrate inspiring and unique American small businesses selling in Amazon’s stores, recognizing small businesses across three categories: Small Business of the Year, Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year, and Small Business Owner Under 30 of the Year.
Small businesses with an active Amazon Seller or Vendor account are encouraged to nominate their business for the awards. Nominations close at 11:59pm PDT on Sunday, the 6th of October.
All nominations will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Small business story: Which businesses have the most inspiring origin story and company vision?
- Customer centricity: Which businesses demonstrate true customer obsession?
- Product selection and value: Which businesses have the most unique products that address customer needs in an innovative way?
Finalists will be notified on the 10th of October with public voting from the 15th. Amazon customers with a valid Amazon.com account will then select the winner by voting for their favourite nominee in each category. Customers must be signed into their Amazon.com account in order to cast their vote.
Winners from each category will receive a prize package including six months of dedicated Amazon Seller or Vendor account management, Amazon search advertising credits, promotion on Amazon.com, and a trip to Amazon’s Seattle headquarters to meet with senior leaders and account managers. Winners will be announced later this year.
“We want to see small businesses across the country thriving like never before. We are committed to helping them harness the power of online sales, reach new customers, and provide fantastic selection, value, and convenience. The purpose of these awards is to showcase what the most successful small businesses are doing right as a model for others to learn from.”
– Nicholas Denissen, Vice President of Small Business, Amazon
Amazon Small Business Awards rules
Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who at the time of submission:
- Are a registered brand owner or Handmade artisan of an Amazon selling partner account .
- Have fewer than 100 employees and total annual revenue of less than $50 million.
- Are a legal resident of the U.S. with an Amazon selling partner account based in the US .
- Have a selling partner account that is in good standing for the past year and during duration of competition.
How many domestic sellers are even left ?