eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection
TaxCloud to support eBay merchants with sales tax compliance
An online sales tax compliance service, TaxCloud have announced that eBay marketplace merchants and users of QuickBooks Online can now connect to TaxCloud to manage their US sales tax obligations.
The move builds on previous integrations with the Amazon, Etsy, Shopify, Bonanza and WooCommerce as US sellers find themselves having to collect sales tax in additional states since the Supreme Court issued its opinion in South Dakota v. Wayfair in June 2018.
“TaxCloud’s integrations with eBay and QuickBooks Online expands our portfolio of integrations with leading eCommerce platforms supporting sellers ability to be compliant with the changing sales tax landscape in the US. TaxCloud’s investment in integrating with leading platforms is growing, and we will be announcing additional integrations shortly.”
– TaxCloud, chief executive officer, David Campbell.
TaxCloud describes itself as the Internet’s only sales tax compliance service “with a free, state-paid option into 25 member states — because the states pay us.” The state-paid option in its Member States also allows TaxCloud to offer the lowest prices and “best value in the industry” for transactions in non-member states.
How does it work?
- The service determines the applicable sales tax rate based on product and service taxability.
- Sales tax is collected at the time of the transaction when customers checkout.
- TaxCloud can file returns and remit sellers’ collected sales tax proceeds to the appropriate state and local jurisdictions.
- The supplier offers support with any state-issued notices or audit enquiries.
TaxCloud provides a sales tax compliance API, wrapped by a self-service Cloud platform. The TaxCloud API delivers real-time and batch process sales tax calculations for any address in the US, as well as automated registration, filing and remittance services, audit response and indemnification to its clients.
How to connect an eBay store to TaxCloud?
- Sign in to your TaxCloud account.
- After signing in, click the “Settings” navigation button and then click the “Stores & Websites” icon.
- The Stores page allows you to add a new store.
- Enter the required information and select eBay from the Store Type field.
- Toggle the Auto import switch if you would like your eBay data imported each month automatically.
- Now link your TaxCloud store your eBay account by clicking Link Account.
- Now login to your eBay account.
- Approve TaxCloud for access to your account.
- You will be redirected back to your TaxCloud Stores page, and you should see the linked icon in your TaxCloud store.
- Your eBay and TaxCloud accounts are now linked. That’s all there is to it.
- When you are ready to submit live transactions to your account, make sure to select the “Go Live” button. Accounts that are already Live will have a “Live” label instead of the Go Live button.