Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Introducing Amazon 7-Day Deals
Amazon run many deals programs, the best known of which are of course the Prime Day Deals, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals and Lightning Deals. Now Amazon 7-Day Deals are available to Amazon sellers based on their performance criteria and product qualification. Naturally Amazon 7-Day deals will be featured on the Amazon Deals page.
Amazon 7-Day Deals are similar to Lightning Deals but run for a longer duration. An Amazon Lightning Deal is a time-bound, promotional offer where an item is featured for a limited number of hours, typically 4 to 12 hours. Similarly an Amazon 7-Day Deal is also a time-bound, promotional offer but the item is featured for a limited number of days on the Amazon Deals page. Featuring an item as a 7-day Deal may help increase sales and reduce your inventory – useful if you have excess inventory and need to clear it to avoid Amazon Long Term Storage fees.
Amazon 7-Day Deals qualification
To be eligible to sell on Amazon Deals (Lightning Deals or Amazon 7-Day Deals), you must be a Professional Seller with at least five Seller Feedback Ratings per month and an overall rating of at least 3.5-stars.
It’s important to realise that there are fees associated with deals – you can find the deals for your products/deal type/country site in the Deals Dashboard when you go to create a deal.
Products must meet the following criteria
- Have a sales history in Amazon stores and at least a 3-star rating
- Include as many variations as possible
- Not a restricted product or offensive, embarrassing or inappropriate product
- Prime eligible in all regions
- New Condition
- Compliant with customer product reviews policies.
- Compliant with pricing policies.
- Compliant with deal frequency policies.
How to create Amazon 7-Day Deals
- In the Deals Dashboard, click Create a New Deal tab.
- Select a product in your inventory and click Select.
- Enter the Schedule, and click Continue to next step.
- For 7-day Deals, enter Deal price or Discount per unit for each product. (For Lightning Deals, in addition to the Deal price or Discount per unit you will also need to specify a minimum deal quantity.) You will also need to choose the main product whose image will be featured on the Deals page. This image must be complaint with our Deal image policy or all Deal eligibility will be removed.
- Click Continue on to next steps.
- Click Submit new Deal.