American Express new cash back card to support SMEs’ growth
American Express have announced the launch of the new Blue Business Cash Card to support the growth of the US small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs).
The move will see merchants using the cash back card to manage unexpected business costs as they aim to develop their companies or expand into new territory.
American Express say the card offers selles a 2% cash back on eligible purchases with no annual fee. The cash back is based on a percentage of the eligible purchases merchants make during each billing period and will be automatically credited to their account as a statement credit.
According to the Blue Business Cash Survey from American Express, 68% of small business owners plan to expand their business in the next three years and nearly half (49%) say they would feel more empowered to grow with a business credit card that gave them 2% cash back.
The Blue Business Cash Card aims to offer merchants the confidence to build their businesses by taking advantage of 2% cash back to invest in their growth goals.
What does the Blue Business Cash Card offer?
- 2% automatic cash back on all purchases up to $50,000 per the calendar year
- 1% cash back on all purchases after that, automatically credited to sellers’ statement
- No category restrictions, so merchants can earn cash back whenever and wherever
- $0 annual fee
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
The Blue Business Cash Card also offers a suite of solutions to help merchants to successfully manage their business with the option of flexible purchasing power and more.
- Expanded Buying Power – Business owners can leverage the Card beyond its credit limit. That is, the amount sellers can spend above their credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with seller’s use of the Card, their payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express and other factors.
- Expanded Buying Power enables Card Members to spend beyond their credit limit without penalty in order to help pay for larger purchases, like inventory or equipment, as well as earn cash back on that spend.
- At the end of the billing cycle, the portion above their credit limit is due in full, and Card Members still have the option to choose whether to carry the remaining balance with interest or pay in full.
- Additionally, Card Members will have access to Spend ManagerSM 4 and Connect to QuickBooks® 5 tools to manage their business, as well as the powerful backing of American Express customer service.