Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Amazon Upskilling 2025 pledge to put 100k US employees in jobs
Amazon today pledged to upskill 100,000 of their employees across the United States, dedicating over $700 million to provide people with training to support their employment within or outside of Amazon.
The move will see Amazon supporting their employees to find in-demand jobs across their corporate offices, tech hubs, fulfilment centres, retail stores, and transportation network.
Amazon’s Upskilling 2025 pledge invests in a range of new upskilling programs to serve employees from all backgrounds and Amazon locations.
Through their Upskilling 2025 pledge, Amazon are focused on creating pathways to careers in areas that will continue growing in years to come, including healthcare, machine learning, manufacturing, robotics, computer science, cloud computing, and more.
Programs include Amazon Technical Academy, which equips non-technical Amazon employees with the essential skills to transition into and thrives in software engineering careers.
- Associate2Tech, which trains fulfilment centre associates to move into technical roles regardless of their previous IT experience.
- Machine Learning University, offering employees with technical backgrounds the opportunity to access machine learning skills via an on-site training program.
- AmazonCareer Choice, a pre-paid tuition program designed to train fulfilment centre associates in high demand occupations of their choice.
- Amazon Apprenticeship, a Department of Labor certified program that offers paid intensive classroom training and on-the-job apprenticeships with Amazon.
- AWS Training and Certification, which provide employees with courses to build practical AWS Cloud knowledge that is essential to operating in a technical field.