Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Amazon Referral fees change from 5th June 2019
Amazon are introducing new fees from the 5th of June. The changes to the Amazon Referral Fees will see lower fees in many categories but coupled with new minimum fees in some categories.
Reductions in Amazon Referral fees – 5th June 2019
- The Amazon referral fees percentage for Grocery (excluding Beer, Wine & Spirits), Beauty, Health & Personal Care, and Baby products (excluding Baby Clothing) will reduce from 15% to 8% on items with a total sales price of €10/£10 or less. Amazon will continue to charge a fee of 15% on items with a total sales price greater than €10/£10.
- Amazon will reduce the referral fee percentage for Furniture items from 15% to 10% on any portion of the total sales price greater than €200/£175. This does not apply to mattresses. The fee for mattresses will remain at 15%.
- There will be a reduction in the referral fee percentage for Jewellery items from 20% (United Kingdom 25%) to 5% on any portion of the total sales price greater than €250/£225.
- There will be a reduction in the referral fee percentage for Watches from 15% to 5% on any portion of the total sales price greater than €250/£225.
INcreases in Amazon Referral fees – 5th June 2019
- Amazon have announced the introduction of a per-item minimum referral fee of €0.30/£0.25 across all categories, except Grocery and Media categories, which includes Books, Music, Video, Video Games, DVD and Software.
- There will also be an increase in the referral fee percentage for TVs, Laptops and Computers in France from 5% to 7%.
For more information about the changes to Amazon Referral fees, including fee schedules, definitions, and examples, Amazon suggest referring to the Selling on Amazon Fee Schedule.