eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection
Reminder: Royal Mail 2019 Stamp Prices apply from Monday
Royal Mail recently announced new 2019 Stamp Prices which apply from Monday the 25th of March 2019. That’s this coming Monday and sees 3p added to the cost of a basic stamp, but many other rates have changed including for overseas mail. We’ve published full rate tables for 1st Class and 2nd Class 2019 Stamp Prices here. If you are a business customer of Royal Mail, you’ll find an overview of the 2019 Stamp prices that affect you here.
This weekend you may want to revise your postage rates on marketplaces and your website to ensure you’re not losing money on postage. On the plus side, Parcelforce just announced significantly lower rates for marketplace sellers willing to integrate their online accounts.
eBay are also reminding marketplace sellers that, if you use the eBay labels platform, you should also expect to see an update in prices from Monday the 25th March 2019. One might be tempted to save a few pennies by printing out all your weekend orders on Sunday before the prices change.
Royal Mail 2019 Stamp Prices via eBay Postage
- 1st and 2nd class letters will go up by 3p (VAT inclusive) per item
- 1st class large letter will go up by 5-12p (VAT inclusive) per item
- 2nd class large letter will go up by 4-11p (VAT inclusive) per item
- Letter and large letter signed for will go up by 13-22p (VAT inclusive) per item (1st and 2nd class)
- Small and medium parcels (standard delivery) will go up by 5-10p (VAT inclusive) per item (1st and 2nd class)
- Small and medium parcels (Signed For service) will go up by 5-10p (VAT inclusive) per item (1st and 2nd class)
- Special Delivery will go up by 10p (VAT inclusive) per item (all formats and weights)
Additionally, there will be a change in pricing for 0-2kg returns labels on the eBay platform. From the 31st of March 2019, the price will increase by 6p (VAT inclusive) on the Royal Mail Tracked Returns 48 service. So the new price will be £2.59 ex VAT or £3.11 inclusive of VAT.
CN22 required for EU countries from Monday 25th March
At this moment in time the outcome of Brexit remains unclear. If there is no agreement between the UK and the EU, customers sending goods to the EU should be asked to complete a customs declaration form from Monday 25 March. This will ensure all items have the relevant documentation by 29 March should the UK leave the EU on this date.