Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Prime Movers: How to compete in the Amazon Prime age
Prime is online marketplace behemoth Amazon’s quasimembers club, designed to give regular Amazon users a range of perks – a bit like a loyalty club. With some 100 million members worldwide, all getting access to TV content, free shipping, special deals and, once a year in July, Prime Day, our new white paper, in partnership with ShipStation, explores how you can compete against Amazon Prime and attract consumers to your own website and offerings?
In this white paper, we aim to take a look at how Amazon does it, how you too can use Amazon Prime to your advantage and how you can go it alone and create your own service levels akin to what Amazon offers. We also take a look at the in-between paths where retailers work with Amazon on some aspects of their ecommerce services and do the rest themselves.
Drawing on the latest research and insights, as well as talking to a range of retailers who about the strategies that they have implemented, this white paper should be your guide to moving in Prime circles, to be, if you like, Prime Movers.
Buckle up, download the white paper and prepare to be Primed.
In this white paper on competing with Amazon Prime:
- Using Amazon FBA and Amazon Prime
- How to qualify for Amazon Prime
- What Prime gives you as a seller
- What is FBA
- How to use FBA Internationally
- Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP)
- The advantages of SFP
- The disadvantages of SFP
- A Prime-like experience on your own terms
- What you need to offer
- How do you deliver Prime-likes
- The advantages and disadvantages of going it alone
- 3 Seller Case studies of how to compete with Prime
Download your free copy today.
In continuation to the factors mentioned in the white paper, Prime like services can be easily modelled by having a robust shipping solution. With a robust shipping solution that has a collaboration with any platform like Shopify, WooCommerce or Magento, it becomes comparatively easy to compete with Amazon. So in a nutshell here are the factors :
– An ecommerce platform like Shopify is a must for the store owner to get an intuitive shipping experience.
– A Shipping carrier with cheap rates like USPS.
– A Shipping solution that can collaborate with Shopify and help store owners perform routine shipping operations automatically.
– Automation that helps store owners to decide shipping charges, select shipping methods, manage warehouses, etc are a must.
– A real time tracking solution that can send proactive tracking updates to customers at every checkpoint.
All these can be achieved if the store owner can use the following combination of Shopify –> USPS –> StorePep