Dan Wilson has left the building

By Chris Dawson February 8, 2019 - 3:00 pm

My colleague from the past decade, Dan Wilson is leaving Tamebay and I’d like to take the time to thank him for the years of service and support he’s given me personally over this time.

Tamebay was the result of a throw away comment from Dan when he was frustrated with Sue and I both wanting to discover ways to attract a bit more business. On the steps outside an eBay University, he told us to stop moaning and start a blog – he already had one and suggested that we do the same and Tamebay was born.

From the time Sue passed away, Dan came on board to assist with the running of Tamebay and the rest as they say is history.

“I shall miss daily contact with the fantastic and varied community of inventive online sellers and ecommerce entrepreneurs that I met over the course of my association with Tamebay since 2006 most keenly.

Tamebay was my idea after all and rather like the Hotel California you can check out any time but you can never leave. I will keep reading.

It was always a thrill to provide information, share the news, provoke debate and (most of all) learn from the experts: I wish every marketplace merchant only success. Cheers!”

Dan Wilson

• Rob
    1 week ago

Thanks for all your work.

• northumbrian
    1 week ago

great news

• Al
    1 week ago

All the best Dan in your new endeavours.

• Ashes to ashes
    Dust to dust
    Buyer to seller
    Good service is a must

Live long and prosper, Mr Wilson!

• Many thanks for your contributions to Tamebay over the years Dan, and good luck in your new venture!

• Peter
    1 week ago

Thanks for your enthusiastic work.

• 1 week ago

Short but sweet post after all the years Dan’s been part of this.
    My radar suggests it was not all roses at the end then ?
    Good luck anyway, onwards and upwards etc

• Dan,

Sad to hear but all the best of luck to you! I hope you still remain engaged in the world of ecommerce and furthermore, writing as a whole.

Charlie McBroom 🙂

• Eggyplops
    6 days ago

Dan,

Do not go gentle into that good night, rage rage, etc.

Have a Sangria on me.

Eggy

• Jag
    6 days ago

The first onstage presenter at my first eCommerce\eBay University type of event was Dan Wilson.
    My first book on eCommerce was by him too.
    You will be missed.