Royal Mail is the UK’s national postal service tasked with delivering to every household in the country
Royal Mail mobile app to manage deliveries
Royal Mail has joined the mobile age with a new Royal Mail mobile app to help consumers manage their deliveries more effectively. The app is now available to download for free on Google Play and Apple.
Royal Mail mobile app Features
- The new app enables consumers to easily track their items from their smartphone. If a reference number is provided, recipients can check the progress of their deliveries.
- There is also an option to book a redelivery, if it has not been possible to deliver an item. Recipients can arrange for a redelivery to their address, neighbour or a local Post Office and this can all be booked via the app.
- Within the app, users can enter a postcode to find the nearest Customer Service Point including address, opening hours and facilities. There is also a postcode and address finder for users unsure of an address. By entering in the postcode or part of the address, Royal Mail will help to find the full address details.
- More enhancements will be made to the app over the coming months to make it even easier for recipients to manage their deliveries.
Currently, the app is only really useful if you have the tracking number and manually enter it into the app. What would be really cute is the ability to register multiple phone and email addresses and have Royal Mail automatically add incoming shipments to the Royal Mail mobile app tracking. As marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon contribute huge volumes to Royal Mail, it would be great to have parcels and letters shipped from these marketplaces and carrying a bar code to be automatically fed into the app.
Another feature that would doubtless be appreciated is the addition of an inbuilt bar code scanner to add tracking for outgoing parcels.
To be fair to Royal Mail, the app has only just come out of Beta and they say that they intend to add more features in the future.
“The new Royal Mail app is helping recipients to manage their deliveries more effectively, providing all the information they need at their fingertips. We will be looking to load the app with even more functionality over the coming months. This latest enhancement is part of a programme of innovation making Royal Mail’s services more accessible, convenient and digitally enabled for all.”
– A spokesperson for Royal Mail
Finally, only 5 years late to the game, lets see how good it is
Would be nice of them to open up their tracking api again so the tracking aggregator apps can work again
Whilst I think that Royal Mail give a great service, their technology always lets them down, as do the CS staff.