eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection
eBay UK 24-hour charity Give Day for The Prince’s Trust
eBay UK’s 12 month partnership with The Prince’s Trust kicks off today in earnest with eBay’s first ever Give Day supported by many of the UK’s much loved TV personalities, sports stars, actors and chefs, including Phillip Schofield, Emma Willis and Tim Henman. The day will raise money for The Prince’s Trust’s Enterprise programme, which supports young people to set up their own business.
As part of the marketplace’s ‘eBay for Charity’ program, shoppers will be able to raise funds whilst they purchase for 24 hours, with a 5p donation made for every item in their basket.
Exclusive auctions for The Prince’s Trust ‘Give Day’ on eBay
From today, consumers can bid on exclusive celebrity experiences and items being auctioned, with 100% of proceeds going to The Prince’s Trust
- Cheese and wine tasting experience with Phillip Schofield
“I have been a Prince’s Trust Ambassador for a number of years and have seen first-hand how vital their work is. I hope the eBay auction raises lots of funds and awareness for their work with some truly remarkable and inspiring young people.”
– Phillip Schofield, This Morning presenter
- Tickets to the final of The Voice and a meet and greet with Emma Willis
“Every young person should get the chance to succeed, which is why I’m donating tickets to the final of The Voice for The Prince’s Trust’s eBay auction. I hope it raises lots of money and awareness so that The Prince’s Trust can support even more young people across the UK.”
– The Voice host, Emma Willis
- Afternoon tea with Jon Culshaw
- A Signed tennis racquet from Tim Henman
- William Yeoward crystal bowl from Felicity Kendal CBE
- 4 signed first editions of the Tennison books from Lynda La Plante
- Mamma Mia 2 movie poster signed by the entire cast
- Dinner for two at Sindhu and a complimentary night stay at the Compleat Angler Hotel from Atul Kochhar
- Luxurious cut and blow-dry at Daniel Galvin Jr and an Organic Hair Spa Treatment
- Johnny Mowlem track day experience
Those keen to buy presents with purpose this Christmas, can also access The Prince’s Trust Tomorrow’s Store on eBay UK, where they can order products created by budding entrepreneurs who have been supported by The Trust’s Enterprise programme. Products exclusive to eBay include a new scented candle by entrepreneur Serena Francis, which has had a stamp of approval from Gok Wan.
Serena has built up a thriving businesses with support from The Prince’s Trust, and £5 from every eBay Tomorrow’s Store purchase will benefit other young people like her who are looking to kick-start their businesses via training, mentoring, funding and resources.
“We’re so excited to support the brilliant Prince’s Trust. The UK is powered by small businesses and we want to give the next generation as much support as we can. Through our first ever Give Day, customers can make a difference to the lives of budding entrepreneurs with every purchase they make, whether it’s big or small.”
– Rob Hattrell, Vice President, eBay UK
“eBay UK shares our passion for supporting young entrepreneurs and we’re excited that this partnership and the first ever Give Day will enable us to help even more young people to get their business ideas off the ground.”
– Tara Leathers, Deputy CEO and Director of Income and Innovation, The Prince’s Trust