Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.
Amazon and Amex launch business credit card in the US
Amazon and Amex have teamed up in the USA to produce two dedicated credit cards with specific benefits for small businesses. The card, with no annual credit card fee, features rewards, greater visibility into each transaction, and provides an enhanced checkout experience on Amazon Business and Amazon.com. Card Members can choose to earn rewards or get a payment term to help their cash flow.
The card benefits vary based on whether a customer is an eligible Prime member:
- 5% Back or 90-day payment terms for eligible Prime members (including Business Prime) on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- 3% Back or 60-day payment terms for all other customers on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
Additional card benefits for all Amazon Business American Express Card Members include:
- 2% Back on purchases at U.S. restaurants and gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- 1% Back on other eligible purchases.
- Access to line-item details on purchases made on Amazon Business (U.S.) such as cost per item and quantity, giving more visibility into and trackability of business purchases.
Card Members can use their rewards to shop at Amazon Business and Amazon.com or apply rewards toward a purchase on their statement. Upon sign-up, eligible Prime members will receive a $125 Amazon.com gift card and all other customers will receive a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
At Amazon, small businesses are integral to our DNA and we continue to innovate on their behalf. We’re thrilled to launch the Amazon Business American Express Card, which puts the collective strength of Amazon Business and American Express into the hands of U.S. small businesses. The card empowers small businesses to make flexible choices, streamline everyday buying decisions, and have increased visibility into their business purchases.
– Samant Nagpal, Global Head of Business Payment Products, Amazon