We are ex-retailers and industry experts who have run Marketplace operations for some of the largest and fastest growing brands and retailers in the northern hemisphere.
Recruitment: Emanaged Marketplaces Campaign Manager
Emanaged are looking for a new Marketplaces Campaign Manager who will manage the day to day operations for multiple clients on several Global online Marketplaces and systems. If you’re interested then this is their job description.
Experience in some of the following areas is critical:
- Running some of the following Marketplaces:
Amazon; eBay; Walmart; Cdiscount; Fruugo; ManoMano; Sears; Others welcomed
- Working in any / multiple of the following systems daily:
Linnworks; ChannelAdvisor; ChannelGrabber; Volo; ChannelUnity; Tradebytes; Storefeeder; Others welcomed
The candidate will lead and manage all phases of the account life-cycle, including project scope, client requirements, data architecture, implementation, testing, deployment and post deployment operations. Trust us, that’s no small feat!
The candidate must possess a thorough understanding of ecommerce and marketplace industry trends. The candidate will be expected to manage multiple clients and effectively communicate across the organisation.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the relationship, deliverables and daily operations with multiple clients, appropriately setting client expectations, and improving processes.
- Lead and manage teams in concurrent complex implementations, software set-up, deployment and phased work implementation. Project management experience a plus.
- Using a shared pool of resources, negotiate and plan with other groups to accomplish all project deliverables.
- You’re the ‘architect’ and you work with various ‘crews’ to get the ‘building’ up.
- Develop and conduct knowledge sharing activities for team, focusing on product and marketplace expertise. Basically, what you learn, teach others after!
- Translate business requirements into an application and data deployment strategy. Business models and constraints are different, so you’ll need to problem solve the big and small topics in tandem.
- Field ad hoc technical inquiries from clients regarding functionality, installation, deployment and customisation. What you don’t know, you’ll need to ask for help or research. We learn new things everyday!
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Both client facing calls, and the ability to ask for help internally promptly. Ego must be left at the front door.
- Excellent track record of owning the relationship with multiple clients, specifically managing and setting expectations and successful execution on client related deliverables. They don’t need to like you, but they will need to respect and trust you.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project success. Sometimes you’ll need to connect various pieces together as part of a coherent strategy.
Proven method of analysing and improving processes associated with day to day responsibilities. We want your good ideas, so be expressive and you’ll be valued.
- At least two years of hands on marketplace operations experience. The more experience here and more widespread, the better.
- Experience in a technical environment, specifically dealing with data transformation and data exchange a plus. A big part of this job is working with systems and data structure, so this must not scare you.
- Experience with MS Excel is a big plus. Vlookups, Pivots and other basic every-day functions, as well as how to use them to reach a result quickly, will greatly help.
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred. FTP servers, file system controls and other relating topics would be great. However, all this can be trained.
- Experience working in an ecommerce environment supporting high volume preferred.
- Basic understanding of online marketing and advertising concepts a plus. Any retail background likely will be helpful.
- History of dealing with large retail clients is desired. We work with some big names, who demand experience.
- Background in software management roles is a plus, be they IMS, WMS or channel management systems.
Remote working will be offered to the right candidates, but you ideally are based near London. At a minimum, you will be asked to visit London each quarter for team meetings.
Candidates who desire remote working must prove a consistent track record of being organised, self-motivated and extremely consistent communicators.
We are straight-talking good people. We listen, we have strong worth ethics, but we value family and personal time too. You will be joining a small team of professionals passionate about their direction, who have lived and breathed their industry for most of their professional lives.
This is not a corporate culture. If that’s how you like to work, we likely won’t be a good fit for you. We want thinkers, idea-people, candidates passionate about making a difference. You will have a voice and we want you to feel connected and part of the company. We’re not trying to be a formal stale agency.
Given the training, we are not seeking people looking for go-between roles. We are seeking candidates to grow with us long term across several career path options. We’ll need to believe you will stick around.
You’ll be treated as an adult. We don’t track when you clock in and clock out. We don’t score you on how long you take a lunch break. This is a results-orientated role where you need to be effective at managing your own time and setting your own weekly goals and actions. The results are what count. If your results are strong, there will be a lot of flexibility concerning your working hours.
We will be your coaches and mentors. We want you succeeding and communicating openly, without any political hierarchy or fear of ‘stepping on toes’.
The role is demanding. This is a challenging position but will open you up to a great number of industry nuances, verticals and experience. Not for the faint hearted. You’ll need to be confident, but able to learn new things.
If you’re interested in this job please email Matthew at email@example.com.