Fulfilment by eBay rolls out in Australia
Up until now, eBay have pretty much left sellers to fulfil orders, although they’ve provided some valuable assistance in the form of their Global Shipping Program and Click and Collect to assist small sellers on the marketplace to offer big retailer delivery solutions. Now, in Australia, they have announced a new way to store and ship stock by letting eBay handle the fulfilment. The Fulfilment by eBay solution is in partnership with aptly named fulfilment company Fulfilio.
eBay’s fulfilment program in Australia works exactly as you’d expect – you send your stock to Fulfilio and they ship your orders for you. A big bonus is automatic qualification for eBay Guaranteed Delivery and eBay Plus if your account is eligible. It could also give you access to eBay Deals.
All Australian eBay sellers need to do is sign up and get onboarded, ship their inventory to Fulfilo and sit back waiting for orders to come in and be automatically picked, packed and delivered by Fulfilo. You can also ship non-eBay orders through fulfilment by eBay with Fulfilio so potentially that includes Amazon orders. You can also integrate Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento and other webstore platforms so if you manage your Amazon orders through them you can fulfil on Amazon from day one.
Fulfilment by eBay Australia main advantages
- Save up to 30% on fulfilment costs for your business
- With rates as low as $5.74** for pick, pack and delivery, cross-town (same city) service and $6.83** for interstate service, you have access to the best prices to fulfil your eBay orders in Australia!
- Leverage Fulfilio’s multi-channel fulfilment solution for all your eBay and non-eBay orders
- Benefit from a national network of warehouses to get your inventory closer to your customers with locations across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth
- Enhance your customers’ buying experience with tracked services and fast handling time on all parcels
- Increased exposure for your listings with eBay Guaranteed Delivery and eBay Plus
- Scale your inventory with 57,000 square metres of warehousing space
- Participate in eBay deals and retail promotions
- Stop packing boxes; start growing sales
The eBay fulfilment service is in partnership with Australia Post powered by Fulfilio – the new eBay Fulfilment Partner.
They seem to be pulling out all the stops to stop Amazon taking that Aussie market from them also.
They maybe should have been a bit more forward thinking in the UK and the rest of the EU a few years ago.
However like everything with eBay proof is in the pudding, they are bound to be hidden fees and am sure they will get a lot of things wrong to begin with.
If they pack anything like Amazon does, I would not let them anywhere near my items. Anything I receive that’s been fulfilled by Amazon is just thrown loose into a box that’s usually way too big for it, with a couple of air packets tossed in after it. No sense that any thought or care has gone into the packing process (which is understandable given what I’ve read here about working conditions in Amazon’s warehouses). Horribly inefficient and a lousy presentation!