AmazonSmile now support over 6,000 charities with 3x donations in June
Amazon will be tripling its donation rate for qualifying purchases made by shoppers using AmazonSmile from the 15th June to 29th June 2018. What this means is that if you have a favourite charity to support, shop at AmazonSmile and you can donate money via Amazon and it won’t cost you a penny – you’ll still pay the same price as if you shopped on the main Amazon site.
Amazon customers can now raise money choosing from more than 6,000 charities, small or large, local or national, by shopping at AmazonSmile. You can select your charity before you being to shop.
Bonus charity donations
From 15th June to 29th June 2018, Amazon will triple its usual donation of 0.5% to 1.5% of the net purchase price of eligible products (excluding VAT, shipping fees, and returns) to the charity of the customer’s choice.
“We launched smile.amazon.co.uk in November 2017 and now with more than 6,000 national and local charities available, everyone should be able to find a good cause close to their heart. We’re delighted that so many organisations are already benefitting and we encourage other charities, large and small, to enrol so customers can select them to receive donations from Amazon.”
– Jan Lakotta, EU Manager, AmazonSmile
Do you want to raise money through AmazonSmile for your charity?
AmazonSmile enrolment is open to UK charities with registered charity numbers who are in good standing with the Charity Commission. You can register to start receiving donations at http://org.amazon.co.uk/
In order to enrol and receive donations, you must be an official representative of an eligible organisation, and then follow these easy steps:
- Search for your charitable organisation by name or registered charity number and then select the organisation you represent. Be sure to confirm you are selecting the correct organisation, as many charitable organisations have similar names.
- Create an organisation administrator account and accept the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement on behalf of your organisation.
- Verify your email address (we recommend that you use an email address that is associated with your charitable organisation).
- Submit your organisation’s bank account information.
- Upload a copy of a bank statement to verify your organisation’s bank account information.