As an eSeller you have many rules and regulations to contend with when selling in the UK, let alone elsewhere in the world. While the Brexit vote may well yet throw up some changes to the law, this chapter looks at what you have to do to meet EU and wider law.
In the eight and final section of DIY eCommerce Guide, Legal:
- An overview of the rules and regulations that apply to online selling, and to sell cross-borders
- A checklist of the basic UK rules and laws you need to be aware of
- Consumer protection laws designed to protect customers from harm, and how to abide by them
- Data gathering and how to manage your database, including GDPR and The Data Protection Act, and a checklist to help you comply
- Rules surrounding marketing on email, mobile, social or SMS