Amazon Logistics Predictive Delivery Tracking

By Chris Dawson December 9, 2017 - 3:30 pm

Amazon have yet again upped their delivery experience with the introduction of predictive tracking for items delivered by Amazon Logistics, their in-house courier service.

Whilst Amazon aren’t giving expected arrival times for deliveries, they have added a map showing where the driver is in comparison to your location and how many drop offs they have to do before they get to you.

This is superb, Amazon have now left behind the days of waiting in all day for a delivery as you can see both on desktop and mobile (including the mobile app) how far away your goods are from arriving.

For my delivery today, the display still advises that my delivery today will arrive by 8pm, but helpfully I can see that the driver is already in my road and only has two drops left before he gets to my house. That means I won’t be running down to the shops just yet and will wait at home until my packages arrive.

The Amazon Logistics predictive delivery tracking service has launched just in time for the Christmas rush when shoppers are naturally likely to want more certainty over their deliveries. The tracking also enables you to make in-flight delivery changes so if you want your parcel dropped at a specific neighbours house or want to ask for it to be left in a last minute safe place then you can do so.

Amazon are also running a short four question survey for users asking for their opinion of the map experience. They ask how helpful it is to be able to track your package on the map, why you found it helpful and if there is any way that the experience could be improved. Short of giving a time estimate I find it hard to believe that this Amazon Logistics service enhancement will be anything other then well received.

• Steven Elkins
    1 year ago

just had a delivery using this to check, super service – the driver had 3 deliveries in our street so Amazon are certainly shifting the stuff. Sunday too. Interestingly, my wife went out into the street when she saw him delivering down the road, but the driver had to come to our house in order to show the item as delivered on his phone. Neat service, pleasant driver too.!

• Sam
    1 year ago

Again Amazon go one step ahead. RMG are just now getting delivery scans ( there tracked is still to expensive), how long has that taken.
    Still the best courier we find for this type of service is DPD.
    Am no fan of Amazon but they get these things right. Why do all the others get so left behind.
    Does not matter what marketplace your on or what website you run. Amazon got the logistics right. So have WON.
    For the average Joe the plumber they don’t care where they buy even if it is more expensive on Amazon it is all about getting it to them.( Joe was my plumber)

• David Gillen
    1 year ago

If the system is so advanced, why have I just had yet another last minute ‘sorry, are not going to deliver this as guaranteed’ email ?

Amazon’s delivery reliability has plummeted over the last 12 months – to the extent that I’ll regularly look for an alternative supplier first.

• SP
    1 year ago

Not sure that the map I am seeing is particularly useful. The marker just shows where I live and, strangely, I already know that. Other information keeps changing – one delivery before mine, six deliveries before mine, now showing deliveries before mine. All I really know is that delivery will be before 8pm.

• 1 year ago

Great. I can now plan to rob and kidnapp the driver…. is this for real???

• northumbrian
      1 year ago

Eh
      why would you need an app ? to plan a robbery , plus kidnaping a delivery driver cant be very profitable , we would be happy for you to keep some that deliver to us

Amazon

Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.