When you can safely exchange contact details on eBay

By Chris Dawson November 7, 2017 - 10:30 am

There has been a ton of seller interest in eBay’s crack down on buyers and sellers who try to exchange contact details on eBay. Far too many sellers accidentally falling foul of the eBay Policy on offers to buy or sell outside of eBay and being awards selling restrictions.

Personally I feel that the number of suspensions we were seeing tends to suggest eBay ramped up sanctions too high but thankfully in recent weeks complaints have fallen which indicates either sellers are in compliance or eBay have dialed back their warning triggers to an acceptable level.

What’s needed is some clear guidance on when you can exchange contact details and how so we were pleased to see eBay publish a series of three YouTube videos clearly setting out the policy and explaining when it’s safe to give a buyer your details or ask them for theirs.

When you can exchange contact details on eBay

To sum the advice up, the golden rule is that you must wait until after the buyer has committed to buy on eBay before sharing contact details. Don’t ask for or share contact details before there’s a commitment to buy on eBay. Commitment to buy can be defined as the buyer has paid, won an auction, or the seller has accepted an offer.

The tricky part is when a buyer wishes to check postage costs and the total price before they’ve committed to buy (which seems reasonable but actually eBay make this a bit more difficult than you would expect). Only ask for very vague address details if you need to calculate postage – it’s ok to ask for their town and country but don’t be more specific and request their exact address or Postcode.

Watch the video series for more details on exactly how eBay are applying the policy, what you’re allowed to do and more importantly what you definitely shouldn’t do as it’ll lead to your account being sanctioned.

eBay Policy: Offers to buy or sell outside of eBay

• james
    2 weeks ago

a series of three videos?
    really?
    it’s that complex and difficult to express your policy that simple words wouldn’t do, no, ebay policy needs to be expressed as a 3-part miniseries.
    ffs.
    i got bored to tears 5 seconds in and turned it off.
    I really cant be wasting my life with 3 seperate videos covering a single effing ebay policy, which should be plain as day and coverable with a single sentence.

• Gill
      2 weeks ago

I quite agree. I started to watch, but the completely superfluous loud music was drowning out what she was saying anyway.

• alan paterson
      2 weeks ago

Maybe if more people paid attention to the content rather than the format (which I personally though was clear and precise) – maybe, just maybe there wouldn’t be as many account restrictions. Maybe if people understood there wouldn’t even be the need for this action. But there is, and they don’t (respectively) . People would rather complain that the video is split into 3 parts, or complain about the music.

• james
      2 weeks ago

I’m sure you’d like nothing more than for ebay to provide their policy in the form of a suppository alan (a Free ebay-branded colourful suppository they charge you for) but for any normal person this is just ridiculous.

• alan paterson
      2 weeks ago

@ james, well thats just rude – like a lot of your posts.

you don’t think its ridiculous complaining about the ambiguity of the rules – and then when Ebay try to address your point by releasing three very concise videos – you then complain about them too?

You just like trolling Ebay james lol. Perhaps your business isn’t going as well as you would hope so you are blaming the platform. Don’t worry, your attitude is only natural and typical of someone who is not very aware.

• james
      2 weeks ago

you seem to enjoy acting like a victim, for someone who hurls so much abuse about the place
      a joke is not a joke when someone else does it, for then it’s offensive to alan, but alan comes straight out with directed personal abuse, and that’s just fine? hmmmmm.

I’ve told you before i’ll tell you again, you don’t like my posts, DONT REPLY TO THEM.

I genuinely do not care about your opinion in any form, you’ve demonstrated time and again that your opinions are not based on facts and logic, singing your same theme tune, much like someone with an undiagnosed learning difficulty, and responding with nothing but personal attacks to defend your ignorant and ill-formed opinions.
      I’d rather not resort to such, but when i’ve got a blatant muppet like yourself say “i’m not very aware” then you’ve made it personal.

I find you to be lacking in intelligence and manners, i do not value you or your opinion. when i see your name on a comment i stroll on by, like i do with facebook comments by 12-year olds that can’t spell, they contribute nothing whatsoever and can safely be ignored.

don’t waste your time or my time responding to anything i say here, or anywhere else for that matter.

• 2 weeks ago

Interesting videos. I think it is going to be very difficult for sellers to completely comply with this policy.

The point coming up about a postage quotation is wrong. In order to get a shipping quote a postcode is required.

In video 3 it is made clear that you cannot tell a customer where to find your contact information. That may be illegal. Business sellers are required to display this. If a customer cannot see it then it would not be unreasonable to direct them to the bottom of your listings.

I often get messages asking for special prices for bulk orders. In the past it has been easier just to ask the customer to send the money through Paypal. There is still commision payment there.

In future I think I will just ignore such requests.

• 2 weeks ago

There might be 3 more condescending videos on YouTube but I doubt it.

• IAM-JESUIS-KITTY
    2 weeks ago

WANDERING THIEF “she just fake it”
    Wanders around , seeking someone to drain , boringly blabs , He invites you into his cardboard castle to try to talk you into paying the rent , Do this by seeing contradictions in others that they never see in themselves, talks too much because she does not know what to say…. An abnormal mind thinks a normal mind is strange…. Have been bullyed the 6/11/2017 for a stupid Necklace listed in the category of Bracelet they treated me like a CRIMINAL sent A POLICY SUSPENSION they suspended my pro shop for that !!!!!!!!!! in EBAY POLICY is CRUEL , BULLYING I AM A BIG CLIENT FOR YEARS !!!!!! AND REAL BUSINESSES TOP SELLER HAVING £ MULTI MILLION POUNDS STOCK VALUE PLUS FREE DELIVERY PLUS TOP PREMIUM TOP RATED CUSTOMER SERVICE CLIENT FEEDFACK IS THE REAL POWER AND TRUTH ! EBAY right now IS LIKE = nervous photographer who blames his blurred pictures on a moving mountain. It is better to be intelligent. THIS CRUEL VIDEO SEND AN ECHO OF deep degeneration loves the tormenting consequences of EBAY NEW POLICY demonic acts STAND STRONG Suppose you are watching a robot perform. It suddenly goes crazy by babbling nonsensical threats and accusations at you… It is useless to plead with EBAY to change his ways. Seek to reform him and he uses it as a new chance to steal from you. Try to stop him at one point and he breaks out in two other places. Point out his sickness and his eyes gleam with insane pride LIKE IN THIS INSANE VIDEO WHICH threaten, “Call my evil good or I will attack you.” Can you see ”…. “ Your high will want nothing to do with their low.”
    EBAY’S twisted minds sees the normal and the natural as enemies to be destroyed. You need not fear a raving wreck like this. This policy is a coward at heart.”
    CHANGE POSITIONS …..Ebay knows when he has power over you. He takes advantage of you or cruelly drops fear into your mind . “EASY WAY Like to stop suffering from the attacks of a sharkish NEW EBAY STYLE ? Easy. Will you do something new ? Good. The next time you feel anxious, ask yourself, Why should I care for something that cares nothing for me? … THE CRASH Imagine a mad motorist speeding recklessly down the highway, driving as he wants, ignoring traffic laws. Crashing, he hurts himself and others. Then, incredibly, he demands that others take care of him and pay the costs of his own lunatic accident. This describes NEW EBAY WAY TO TREAT 99% HONEST CLIENTS AND BUSiNESSES which will desert ebay if they continue…… 1st RIGHT NOW I wont spend MY Thousand of POUNDS per year ON EBAY anymore in my personal account as buyer I Stop paying them for exhausting ME What do you care what a flock of stupid sheep think of you? It is nice to be smarter than sheep… i will buy on AMAZON same sellers there …! The higher viewpoint, Don’t send a sparrow to search the land when you can send an eagle. From this high spot you will see and understand battling EBAY’s New Style , but remain above their madness.” SHARKY EBAY SCHEME Recognize these deceits by a refused shark : A. EBAY warns you of missing out on fun or profit. B. EBAY attempts to shake you with angry bluffs. C. EBAY states that natural goodness is out-of-date. D. EBAY hints of revenge unless you agree. E. EBAY declares you will be disliked and rejected. F. EBAY ridicules facts that expose his tricks…. LASTING PLEASURE Trying to do good can drive you crazy. You are never sure of what you are doing. Ever try to do good to someone who took your bread and tossed a rock back ? Try to do good to NEW EBAY and you soon see how bad they are. Then remember that the only chance NEW EBAY has is your refusal to agree with his wrongness. “Remember, a maniac never recognizes himself as depraved. But you must. This is I Hope a Helpful Review and lets see whats next I am already not a client anymore I desert ebay for buying …… and if more bully I remove my Multi millions pounds stock listed on EBAY and will give my PREMIUM CUSTOMER IN MARKET WHO ARE NORMAL AND BETTER TO GIVE THEM CREDIT AS WELL …. YOUR SERVICE GIVE CREDIT TO EBAY AND IF NO CLIENTS NO STOCK EBAY WILL NOT EXIST AND WONT ACCEPT THIS ONCE MORE !!!!! EBAY GET IT I will send it private message to ebay twitter will put it on my TRUST PILOT AND GOOGLE REWIEW and the ceo Dewing too

• alan paterson

A, B C, D, or E-BAY

Whatever the ebay I must be using a different one from you .

• Gareth
    2 weeks ago

Wow, eBay are losing the plot, it’s like something out of a Jonathan Swift novel.

• IAM-JESUIS-KITTY

Hello Gareth,

Yes, This is the Truth & was really sad Monday 6/11/2017 for putting a neckalce in bracelet category they suspend my top shop…….. 🙁 RECEIVED SUCH A CRUEL EMAIL ….. I won’t buy spend thousand of pounds every year anymore on EBAY.CO.UK OR WORLDWIDE since that ……… Same seller on Amazon anyway i buy regulary from these amazing sellers working very very hard who participate PAY the Corporate Wages and then will see….. won’t accept Divine Justice see and Knows everything ……….. cheers !

• IAM-JESUIS-KITTY
    2 weeks ago

Hello Alan even when Scroundels Buy in my EBAY shop ebay loose only the comission I pay to them I have to claim it on top of that and My business my valuable stock and money ??? I sit on it I am left with Minus ££££££ plus send free of charge goods to the Scroundels ….. you take all responsability ebay don’t want to know and Now I am FOOLPROOF / the Tone of this video is scary movie for clients and sellers plus abusive suspension when you have 29.000.00 listing and 1 necklace in bracelet category the guy working for ebay at his computer may feel powerful for 1 minutes but I sent this message direct to Ebay CEO and got reply right now … might be a mistake ….. I do no think even clients want to be treated like this …… you go shop receive your goods thats it, for me all is 100% well just since Monday they are crazy….

• Shakti
    2 weeks ago

Splutter! Sellers might well prepare themselves but how many buyers are going to watch 3 ebay videos before daring to ask a seller an innocent question which then triggers a suspension for seven days???

• Geert
    2 weeks ago

The only thing this country needs for all market places is a regulator with teeth, that will bring to an end all these stupid eBay and Amazon and other market place rules.
    Some of the market places have become laws onto themselves and just make rules up when it suits them fit.

• alan paterson
      2 weeks ago

these rules are there for a reason. you are not seeing the big picture. they are there to protect both buyers, sellers and the platform.

• Matt
      2 weeks ago

“didn’t think about that one, but your absolutely right scammers are also a big problem and I think eBay and other market places will know whom they are but choose to keep silent”

Oh yes @Geert, I’m certain eBay can see it, especially when it’s reported AND explained to eBay CS over the phone. I was even able to tell them the name (username) and BOTH encrypted ID’s of 2 “bidders” when a retraction was made in a PRIVATE listings auction, because I know how the “scammer/seller operates, yet eBay do nothing.

1 bidder retracted, and I have 3 “names” in mind. As 1 name = the seller, the retraction was almost certainly by 1 of the other 2, and eBay CS were kind enough to confirm I was correct.

Email your phone number to a potential seller, OR have the buyer send you his details off his own back, so you can answer a question?, eBay pick-up on it, and you’ll find yourself banned or suspended at the BLINK of an eye BUT scam or shill bid, and eBay Trust & Safety suddenly act like Mr dopey, on a very dopey day. ..D’OH

• RustyZip
    2 weeks ago

@ Alan Paterson – I reckon you’re on ebay’s payroll.
    All you ever do on here is defend eBay. 😎

• alan paterson
      2 weeks ago

@rustyzip – ahhhhh, yawn. yet again I get accused for working for Ebay. it gets really boring and your post looses all credibility.

I will say what I always say when someone comes out with this accusation – your post just helps illustrate how wrong some sellers attitude is. When it is automatically assumed that anyone writing something positive works for Ebay – then that means something is wrong with folks attitude towards the platform. thank you for proving this point yet again.

I am very THANKFUL to Ebay – it has provided me with a full time income as a consultant and a seller for 15 years. Due to “health issues” I am not employable and I have been able to employ myself through Ebay. I am very grateful to Ebay, I understand it and to be frank – the people who don’t just shoot their mouth off and try to spoil it for everyone else. If it is done correctly it is very lucrative and it has paid my mortgages and bills for 15 years – so yes you are damn right I am going to defend it.

• Ross K
      2 weeks ago

Why do you even bother Alan, nobody listens and you get a fair amount of personal abuse .

• IAM-JESUIS-KITTY
      2 weeks ago

Hello Allan , ALL WELL : Your problem is your thinking. Your solution is to see the difference between right and wrong thoughts. Don’t expect wrong thoughts to help in this self-rescue. You won’t see a criminal looking for a policeman and you won’t see self-ignorance seeking self-intelligence. A wrong idea can appear quite charming while being harming, as when it whispers the lie that hostility is healthy. Just look at it with a Microscope . All will be well with you and your mind. Always , but for NEW EBAY Policy POSITIVE TRUTH to sack gullible clients and sellers in the future EVEN MYSELF a client for 14 years i don’t understand this INSANE VIDEO plus my business which is top rated thousand of clients each year, I bring the capital £££££$$$$$$ stock to ebay and pay them well and responsible of 100% of everything only “PAYPAL” help to recover your money with proof Evidence and even CCTV if a Scoundels bought with a ebay Hacked accounts or pay with fake/stolen credit card or Scoundels real clients/ebay members Included . GRADUATE TODAY “There were once two shops, side by side.
      Above one shop was the sign LIES SOLD HERE. The other shop had the sign TRUTH SUPPLIED HERE. Hundreds of customers jammed the Lie Shop each day, but few entered the Truth Shop. People leaving the Lie Shop rushed nervously around, anxiously trying to convince each other how happy they were. People from the Truth Shop strolled pleasantly about, as if they knew a great secret “a secret higher than Stars ” Have a Pleasant day .

• alan paterson
      2 weeks ago

@ IAM-JESUIS-KITTY Ironically I have a syndrome that causes me to do analysis of exactly what you are describing. Don’t tell someone with Savant syndrome that they need to look at things closer or “microscopically” – it is (as a matter of fact) part of the condition that we cannot help but over analyse.

I think that is abundently apparent from my posts. If you have a different set of ethics and morality it is possible to come up with different conclusions based on the same set of facts. Based on that I will respect your opinion and not challenge you.

However, to put it in laymen’s terms “don’t try and teach a toothless grandpa how to such eggs”. Metaphorically speaking – I am not toothless and neither am I a grandpa.

So believe me – my analysis is sound and based on exploration of all angles based on my specific experiences and observations.

• IAM-JESUIS-KITTY
      2 weeks ago

Hello Allan, I received a resolution from Ebay INC because of my shop suspension because one necklace was in bracelet category the GUY IN EBAY AUSTRALIA decided to tackle my top shop and Give me suspension PUNISHMENT PLUS SUCH A CRUEL EMAIL LIKE I WAS A CRIMINAL !!!! YOU see Ebay Inc just confirmed they should not do that and send an email to correct it…… and EBAY Inc asked me what would I want them to do to this guy…. or Ebay Australia HQ the price is HIGH for being punished and humiliated by one EBAY Computer GUY who think is above EBAY INC and Above EBAY CEO Devin Wening Sabotaging TOP SELLER FROM THE UK I sale worldwide 100% Top FEEDBACK and the Truth is Always Right DIVINE JUSTICE IS ALWAYS RIGHT ….. I like ebay 1st I’m client for 14 Years Sellers are Incredible most amazing service deliveries I get This is a fact ….. I buy all week on ebay worldwide and because the community is nice and does not have to be boring to shop…… I SENT MY REVIEW ON TAMEBAY THE LINK OF THE WEBSITE TO THE CEO DEVING WENING AND PAYPAL BUSINESS Well done for doing a great work for ebay and Businesses Pay Corporate WAGES…… I care about what you say and just being FACT MINDED…. You take Care . Cheers .

• 2 weeks ago

@Geert said
    “The only thing this country needs for all market places is a regulator with teeth”?

Well Geert, I’d go 1 better.
    I’d like to see eBay challenged over its inability (or reluctance) to tackle fraud, scammers and shill bidding, but since it PROFITS by any successful Con, to the tune of 10%+, I guess, when it comes to the likes of eBay, crime DOES pay.

You or I could spot a scam and/or shill bidder at work on eBay (I can/have/and am still doing), and report it to AF (Action Fraud) BUT if you are “not the victim” of the crime, your report will not be recorded as a crime, and if not recorded as a crime? it will NOT be investigated.

DCS DAVID CLARK, City of London Police, Economic Crime Directorate.
    Very “economic”, if you don’t investigate it

• Geert
      2 weeks ago

I didn’t think about that one, but your absolutely right scammers are also a big problem and I think eBay and other market places will know whom they are but choose to keep silent.

• 2 weeks ago

I mentioned to a few (via email) police officers, that if ONLY 1 tech savvy / eBay savvy officer was assigned to the issue of eBay’s conduct with regard to online fraud, the problem could be slashed, but for as long as eBay PROTECT this scum, (while pocketing the “final value fee”), the “proceeds of crime” at 10% is a nice little earner, and just goes to show that crime CAN and DOES pay.

• bft

• Matt

@bft
      “You and I would be done for aiding and abetting a criminal act, if we behaved like that!”

Spot on bft, spot on, but instead?, everybody makes like the THREE WISE MONKEYS

• Matt

@bft
      @Geert
      @Dan Wilson

The following is the auction of a scammer, with BOTH shill bidders involved.

Dan, as a founder member, is this what you had in mind?, I think not.

The SELLER is joes-bargain-sale
      The “winning bidder”, seen as e***y is hobby-stuff-cave HE WILL NOT PAY.
      The bidder who retracted, seen as u***r is buck-rogers-25thcent

ALL 3 have been joined at the hip for OVER a year to MY knowledge.

Please do pay attention to the feedback score of both (bidder & username) I have given, it’s a DEAD giveaway.

Item number:

s***s(38) £61.00 18 Oct 2017 at 4:18:43PM BST
      d***l(129) £60.00 19 Oct 2017 at 11:20:45AM BST
      s***s(38) £55.00 18 Oct 2017 at 4:18:15PM BST
      g***n(1811) £51.00 18 Oct 2017 at 12:18:36PM BST
      s***s(38) £49.00 18 Oct 2017 at 4:18:07PM BST
      Starting price £0.99 17 Oct 2017 at 9:59:53PM BST
      If 2 people bid the same amount, the first bid takes priority. Also, you can retract your bid only under certain circumstances. Learn more opens in new window or tab
      Bid retraction and cancellation history
      Bidder Action Date of bid and retraction
      u***r(41)
      Retracted:£335.00
      Bid:26 Oct 2017 at 7:09:35PM BST
      Retracted:27 Oct 2017 at 8:24:19AM BST
      u***r(41)
      Retracted:£250.00
      Bid:24 Oct 2017 at 9:30:47PM BST
      Retracted:26 Oct 2017 at 1:53:32AM BST

• Leader of the Banned

@alan paterson

Do you speak Zorgulan? Have you met the eBay unicorn farmer? You really are living in a fantasy world. Why do you defend eBay when you know full well that they do not care for small business? They have absolutely no moral code & choose to make money by raising prices instead of fixing obvious issues along with making listings invisible. The only thing they are good at is double standards & arrogance. If you don’t work for eBay I’m the Emperor of Zanglezoid

• Ross K
      2 weeks ago

To Leader of the Banned. To be fair to Alan the ebay he describes is far closer to the mark than what you are describing. Are you in concierge?

• alan paterson
      2 weeks ago

@Leader of the Banned. Sorry, I do not speak Zorgulgan. I do speak several languages but not that. I suspect it is fictional and this is an attempt at humour on your part. If not, I would prefer to write my posts in English so as everyone can understand. If you had something important to say in Zorgulgan please excuse my ignorance for not being familiar with the language. Perhaps a Babelfish may help?

• Great that there’s an attempt to clarify this policy — although I do appreciate videos are the thing these days and great for many people — they aren’t always that appropriate or preferred as a method of communication for all of us: sitting in an office I’d have to stop and put headphones on for as long as this video takes and it’s just not my preferred way to absorb information.

It needs to be written down in black and white somewhere where we can all look at it and point CS to it and — importantly — point our buyers to it when they ask why we are being so awkward.

And that clear policy statement needed to happen before anyone built any enforcement rules so that the eBay developers can read the policy as well as the customers. Too often the developers are being left to make it up as they go along and they get it wrong.

The horse has left the stable on this particular issue, but hope that eBay can learn how to do this stuff better in the future.

• Leader of the Banned

@Ross K

OK I get it…you must be the eBay unicorn farmer.

• Ross k
      2 weeks ago

You seem passionate about unicorns. You mention them regular. Is that your product on eBay? If so it may explain why your business is not growing . You do know they don’t exist ? It will be challenging to grow a business on a product line that does not exist. Let’s keep it real.

It’s about as fictional as your descriptions of ebay.

• Leader of the Banned

Oh Dear Ross. Yawn

• Matt

@Leader of the Banned

Just to save you the trouble, I don’t believe Babelfish WOULD be any good to you in ANY of your dealings / translations with either alan or Ross K, since I’m almost certain BS is not a supported language. And now the REALLY bad news?, I think you can safely say you just removed yourself from the wedding invite 🙁 Oops.

• alan paterson

Indeed Matt.

@Leader of the Banned – if I ever get married you are not invited to the wedding.

I understood your joke and smiled (it takes a lot to make me laugh) – you are officially funny.

I will forgive you if you let me have your packaging voucher. I am out of purple bags (but you are still not coming to wedding).

I did contact Devon a few weeks ago but not for “best man” – I wanted a signed photo to replace the screenshot I have from a previous post (which is not signed). I am still waiting for a response (he must get a lot of Ebay messages).

• Leader of the Banned

@Matt

They certainly do make a lovely couple don’t they! I’m sure it would be a wonderful lifelong union together living totally oblivious to all forms of sarcasm. Obviously Devon Wenig will be best man.

@Alan+Ross….this is me trying to be funny although it is a TC joke.

Two Ariel’s got married. The wedding was great but the reception was terrible.

• Ross k
      2 weeks ago

@ Alan Patterson. I know you are a genius at selling online but I am not marrying you…….unless you can get my turnover over £1000000

• DMUK
    2 weeks ago

I wanted to buy a used van the other day on an eBay auction, but with no contact details, I could not arrange a viewing and stay within eBay’s new rules. (Only a mad man would take a private sellers’ description as comprehensive and accurate).
    I was prepared to go to around £2,500 for it, if it was as described, but felt that an eBay Motor Auction is far too dangerous a place to bid on blind. Anyway, it looks like the van sold for £1300 – so either I missed a bargain or the seller lost out big time.
    Happily, Autotrader came to the rescue, but eBay didn’t get their full commission from that sale!
    Now I want to sell my car and motorcycle. I have always used eBay Motor Auctions in the past (dozens of times), but I cannot risk being suspended just because people want to view before purchase. So, they are both going on Autotrader, so no commission for eBay on either of those sales! Seems like a great business move to me.

• Matt

@DMUK

Hi D
      JUST an idea, but given we can have up to 8 accounts, why not open 1 just for any dealings that MIGHT cause you problems?. Or find a trusted friend who could/would open an account (in all good faith) and sell it for you?, a friend who has no interest in eBay?, so nothing to lose .

No, I’m not suggesting any funny business (B4 the Righteous Brothers jump down my throat) BUT it would seem that sometimes we aren’t left with any option but to bent a dumb-ass rule from time to time 🙁

• 1 week ago

You could do an ebay classified ad for your car and bike instead. They will let you display contact details legitimately, so anyone who wants to come and have a look can get in touch an come over.

Classified will mean a fixed price rather than auction, but you can always take offers. It’s a far better option than an auction. For items like motors, auctions without reserve are a mug’s game from the seller perspective, as you always run the risk of your item selling for far less then it is worth, as happened with the camper you were interested in.

Ebay looks to be cheaper than autotrader, so maybe worth trying it first.

• alan paterson
    2 weeks ago

Ross, Ross Ross. What would be the point in that. Have you learned nothing?

Yes off course I could but turnover is vanity – profit is reality.

On a serious note I was looking at your conventions and I can see a negative “m”. I think its the “secure warning” on Chrome kicking in. Many of your listings still have active content and it is now having an effect on conversions. You need to get that fixed. Off topic – if you have time phone me tonight.

• alan paterson
      2 weeks ago

sorry ross – fat fingers. That was meant to read “conversions” not “conventions”

• Matt
    2 weeks ago

“They certainly do make a lovely couple don’t they! I’m sure it would be a wonderful lifelong union together”

@Leader
    Oh bless, yes, mind you I bet it’s not gonna be a WHITE wedding.

• Brian Ashworth
    2 weeks ago

Is anyone undergoing the same problem i am having –
    I got an Ebay message this morning-
    ===================================================================
    Hi
    We’re writing to let you know, that as of 08 November 2017, some of your listings are in violation of our policies and require immediate update.

31 of your listings contain contact information such as phone number, email address or web links, which is in violation of listing policies. Non-compliant listings will soon be blocked.
    —————————————————————————————————–
    On ringing customer service – i told them i had no contat details -(phone email adress”s etc) on my listings – which they agreed with after checking .
    They said for me to use ebaytools/ActiveContentSandbox- to refilter all the affected listing .
    I asked if it was an ebay internal glich – & they said yes . They will pass my concerns on to Technical Services .
    What a waste of time having to go through all the 31 listings -when i havent broken any rules.
    THanks Brian

• Leader of the Banned

@Matt

According to my contacts at Hello magazine it will be a Red Blue Green Yellow suited eBay wedding. The finale photo session will be Ross & Alan draped in eBay flags sipping champagne from a clown shoe.

• Matt

@Leader
      God help me, I can actually imagine that. If you DO manage to get hold of any shots?

Who do you think get’s to wear the DRESS?.

• Leader of the Banned
    2 weeks ago

God help us all. Am I so controversial that I am now being moderated for telling a Tommy Cooper joke?

• 2 weeks ago

Leader of the banned,

Can’t find any moderated comments from you.

Let me know what comment is missing. Spoon jar, jar spoon?

Dan

• Matt
      1 week ago

@Leader of the Banned
      Hey, Leader…I can’t find the Tommy Cooper joke, care to risk it again?
      🙂

• Matt
    1 week ago

@DAN WILSON
    Apologies people. I posted (cut & pasted) the auction of a scammer, with BOTH shill bidders (a 3 “name” team) where the “winner” is/was hobby stuff cave (1008), seen as e***y (1008), and the other “bidder”, buck-rogers-25thcent (41) seen as u***r (41) simply retracted, so is found at the bottom

I added that he (e***y) would not pay, but it was late, and I was ready for some MUCH needed beauty sleep…way overdue, not to mention futile 🙁 anyway, this was a reserve price auction, and as the reserve wasn’t met, obviously no payment would be made.

Reserve price auctions are a relatively new thing for these/this joker

DAN, I’ve been on at eBay CS & Trust & Safety (another pair of jokers) about this “trio” for almost a year, when it wasn’t “reserve priced”, and “shill bidder” often won. Would you care to take a look at them?, somebody sure as hell should.

• Leader of the Banned
    1 week ago

@Dan Wilson
    It clearly displayed “Your comment is awaiting moderation” on my comment last night at 9.30pm and my comment did not appear to be posted for hours. It also states the same on this message as well so I am editing it to let you know. Normally my posts go through immediately. Just saying….never been moderated until now.

This is the comment….perhaps you can tell me why it was flagged for moderation

• 1 week ago

Hi, not sure why your comments are in moderation – naturally we have spam tools with a mind of their own that decide if a comment looks like spam or not.

I can only apologise that sometimes Dan and I are asleep, in meetings, having dinner, down the shops or in the shower and so aren’t always immediately on hand to approve comments in the moderation queue. We shall attempt to sleep less, avoid meetings, go without food, never leave the house and certainly not waste as much time on personal hygiene in an attempt to be more prompt 😉

Seriously though we do approve comments multiple times a day but sometimes we’re both busy working on other stuff.

Can I ask, are you signed in as a Tamebay member when you comment as that might make a difference?

• Leader of the Banned
    1 week ago

I’m just saying that I never used to be moderated but now I am.

Here’s a screenshot https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/EZc6

• Matt
    1 week ago

@Chris Dawson

Hi Chris.
    After you’ve had a shower, a sh ave 😉 and a good breakfast, could you please ask Dan to get back to me?.

It may well be that this isn’t the best site to discuss fraud issues on eBay, but I believe he has a better insight than most, given his… “CV”?

As previously mentioned in an email to your CS (my access to tamebay went seriously pearshaped soon after, so I “signed-up” again) I do appreciate the opportunity to exchange info, details and ideas withOUT the restrictions found on that pathetic excuse of a “forum”, the eBay community.

• 1 week ago

Morning ablutions done many hours ago 😛
      Highlighted to Dan 🙂

• Matt
      1 week ago

@Chris Dawson

Good man, cheers chris.

• 6 days ago

eBay just tell me to copy and paste this –
    You can get our Contact Details using this Official Method –

Step 1: Click on the Advanced Search button beside the Search tool in blue, top right hand side of your screen.
    Step 2: On the left hand side of the screen, beneath Advanced Search, read till you see Members, click on Find Contact Information.
    Step 3: Enter member’s username (acadaptors-r-us) and Item number and click on search.

eBay will send you an email with the member’s contact details and you can contact them that way.