Once you have set up any kind of ecommerce business, you need to know how to promote it: customers are unlikely to just find it. Make sure you’re reaching the right customers, in the right places, and at the right time to improve your audience and make all important sales.
In Promote, the fourth section of the DIY eCommerce Guide:
- Learn all about SEO, making sure your pages and content are SEO-friendly, and how to improve your standings in search engine results
- Create content that generates engagement and return business: while it is tempting to offer discounts and never-ending sales, it is often better to offer good content, products and UX
- Make email marketing work for your business: in a world saturated with social media and video, email is still the most effective marketing channel available
- Connect with relevant and interesting partners to undertake Affiliate Marketing and improve referrals to your business
- Mobile marketing – apply everything you know now to the handheld and portable platform, and use customer behaviour to improve your marketing performance