Wonder Lister: A possible alternative for eBay TurboLister

By Chris Dawson August 16, 2017 - 12:09 pm

TurboLister, the much maligned eBay desktop tool used by millions of sellers during the past couple of decades is to be finally turned off some time this Autumn. It’s unavailable for download for new users but we’re only too well aware that many eBay users still have it installed and rely on it to manage their listings.

Technical support for TurboLister, including feature updates and bug fixes, have already ceased, if you’re one of the people still using the service it’s time to find an alternative before you come into work one day to discover eBay have announced it’s final demise. Don’t get caught out in the middle of Q4 at the busiest time of year to discover you need to change your work processes just when you have the least spare time to do so.

With that in mind, one possible alternative is Wonder Lister which offers offline creation of listings in a Windows softare solution. You can import inventory items from TurboLister into Wonder Lister which an easy-to-use single page editor, allows bulk listing and editing, create folders to organize eBay listings data, automation rules to create eBay listings, computes profit & loss on eBay sales, supports consignment selling and consignor commission calculations.

Wonder Lister isn’t free but starts from just $5 per month for use on two eBay accounts and up to 1,000 active listings. There’s also a free 15 day trial so that you can get to grips with the service and decide if it’s the best tool for your business as a TurboLister replacement.

There are of course other solutions available for listing creation and management, but whether you choose Wonder Lister or an alternative product don’t leave it until the day TurboLister is finally turned off to migrate. Take a test run and find a solution that works for you while you’ve still got time on your side.

• Andy R

If you were selling via Turbo Lister as your listing tool, I would recommend Sixbit as a replacement tool.

It costs, whereas TL was free, but since when did Ebay care about sticking extra costs on sellers?

The thing about Sixbit is that it actually works and you can customise it to make it look like the Turbo Lister layout.

I gave Wonder Lister a go on their free trial and their customer service is very responsive.

But the bottom line was it didn’t work. Couldn’t get past go on linking properly to Ebay and they refer you to 3rd party solutions for synchronisation, which isn’t ideal, especially as you have to pay again for that.

All the above is available in Sixbit.

You also get free scheduling, which Ebay kind-of-forgot-to-mention they will now charge sellers for once you’ve migrated to the hub from SMP. (Credit to Tamebay for flagging up the hidden charges)

• Leader of the Banned

Wonderlister was too over complicated & the support was terrible last year when I used it. I now use Seller Dynamics who helped me list my free listings on USA Europe & Australia without creating all my listings again. Support is second to none. Great guys. If I were Devon Wenig it would be a priority to streamline the creation of the so called FREE listings instead of leaving my customers to create them from scratch for every site. It’s not good business relations when your customers are paying for a third party to benefit from their so called FREE listings. DW really has been the worst eBay CEO ever. I wish he would just go away.

Okay!

So,
    I think this is a new page for WonderLister and all old reviews are gone somewhere. :/

Well,
    I don’t know how it was like a year ago, but right now, the support is blazing fast. Custom feature requests get implemented and bugs get fixed within minutes, not hours, even on Sundays. I can assure everyone, the support is extremely, extremely professional in a friendly way.

Features?
    Well, you can not find something even close to that of WonderLister. Ability to bulk edit listings, mark orders as shipped in older dates and un-marking them as shipped, multiple eBay account ssupport with Shopify being implemented at the moment and Amazon support coming really soon also. Also, messaging feature is being added to WonderLister pretty soon too!

Price?
    Lol! It’s like getting a lamborghini for the price of a Mercedes. Trust me! So, so, so cheap! Starting at $5 a month which is easily enough for mediocre-high class sellers.

If you really want to see how good WonderLister really is rather than to look at just random people commenting about WonderLister without being sure of their source and intelligence level, please head over to “http://www.wonderlister.com/boards/”.

Me?
    I am not a paid reviewer, lol! I am a user of WonderLister and wrote such a long review because it is absolutely wrong to see it getting exhibited like this while there is a lot more it than meets the eye.

• Andrew

I have used Wonder Lister and found it to be fantastic…Until it came to downloading images. It was slow, very slow. To the point it simply was not viable. Throwing up a listing was quick two minuets at most but uploading the images using WL turned that into 8 – 9 mins. Too slow for me

• Leader of the Banned

Mr Zeeshan Rahat you are missing the point here. Your comment about intelligence levels is somewhat insulting as there is no need to learn how to use such a time consuming tool when there are more efficient & faster alternatives. If you like over complicated solutions or if you are a computer geek with lots of time on your hands then use Wonderlister if it makes you feel cool. Most sellers have have work to do & require a speedy solution. It may be $5 a month for a novice but it’s not $5 a month for a serious business seller. I assume by the $ sign you are from USA. Maybe US support is better than UK support. The support I received last Christmas was awful. There are other less complicated solutions that do not require hours of input like Sixbit, Seller Dynamics & Web Interpret which are all recommended by eBay. Wonderlister is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Anyone expecting anything like Turbo Lister will be extremely disappointed. I’m just letting them know.

• james

i went around all the trials looking for a TL replacement, wonderlister, Sixbit, crazylister, etc etc etc.
    I found some of them better than others in some areas, none of them really did what we want/need it to, especially going from a free to paid subscription, we expected better.
    I’ve now settled for another service I’d actually never heard of before, “Dewabit”.
    it’s genuinely good, and that comes from me, who has nothing good to say about anything ever.
    they seem to be rather new and there are the odd signs that its new software, but overall i’ve found it twice as good and half as expensive as any of the other solutions out there.
    as with all of them, there is a free trial.

We have been using WonderLister since the day it was invented. The lead developer was also the manager of Blackthorne for the entire time ebay owned that amazing program. When Blackthorne shut down, WonderLister was created to fill the vacuum left between TurboLister and all other ebay-only tools. Chavi understands the Ebay API’s better than even Ebay does, and we have him on speed dial!

Yes, the guys took some time off last year between Christmas and New Years. Every one deserves a vacation, but they haven’t taken more than 2-12 hours to fix an issue or respond to an email since Jan 02.

WonderLister is the only Enterprise level, PC based ecommerce database in existence. It is not an “ebay only” tool like all the other ones out there, you can literally build products for any marketplace in this tool and export them in one mouse click. With the Tabbed Interface you can work on a specific marketplace your product applies to. You start with Product Details > Ebay > Amazon > Shopify > Custom fields and you can enable / disable Tabs as needed. (Shopify is not released, but you can use Custom Fields immediately)

Since 2016, WonderLister has undergone a complete rework. All unnecessary frills were stripped long ago and actual performance has been increased 20 fold. I promise you there is nothing faster than WonderLister, we run it on a network with 8 full time users keeping the screens open 24/7 and it doesn’t even hiccup. We can completely refresh 2,500 live ebay listings in under 2 minutes.

We have demo’ed everything in existence all the way up to Channel Advisor. Our opinion about all the other tools is they try to do too much, and they are bogged down with endless bugs or non-functional “features”. Most ebay tools are “ebay only” so they don’t really offer a true Ecommerce professional all the fields and options required for the other major marketplaces such as Amazon.

We call SixBit “SlowBit” as it is the slowest, most bloated program in this space. SQL Server Express is very limited and WL uses SQL most efficiently. There are users with 500,000+ records which still have not reached the hard SQL Limits. We used SixBit for many years, and its biggest drawback is “Storing Images in the SQL database” and “SQL bloat which cannot be corrected”. Once SixBit installs, you will have to RELOAD WINDOWS to get rid of it and its beginning database size is around 1gb. You will discover all kinds of deal breakers if you grow large with SixBit, you have been warned. We had to abandon it after 1,000 products.

WonderLister does not follow or mimic any other tool out there, they forge their own path. We like it because it does NOT do things for which there are better tools like Shipping, etc. You can turn Off all the things you don’t need to speed up the program.

The things we like most about WonderLister are: Simple Editor, User Folders, Listing Status Filters, Bulk Edit & Relist, Unlimited Custom Fields, Traffic & Sales tracking, Column Management, Customizable Interface, SQL Efficiency, Search & Exporting Tools, Speed & Networking Performance, Ease of Use.

There is really nothing we don’t like about WonderLister, but when we discover something, we just email them and get it fixed right away! I really like where the company is headed, and I believe they will far outlive Ebay itself.

No, we don’t work for them, and we didn’t get paid to post this. We are just happy End Users who have been there since Day 1 and they actually listened to our suggestions and were willing to implement them. WonderLister is simply the backbone of our thriving e-business, we simply could not live without them!

I think everybody has a different way of working, we don’t have windows computers so anything we have has to run on Linux.

We sell on Ebay, Amazon and our own web site, so need a solution that will sync our stock levels on all sites.

Our web site is built using Woocomerce (WordPress) and we use WP-Lister by wplab’s. The cost is $149 per year for each plugin.

No limitation on number of listings, no limitations on number of sales, one price for unlimited use.

You can design as many listing template profiles for Ebay as you want and update all the listings at once.

It has lots of other features and the support is always very quick.

There is a free version that has limitations but I think it is worth buying the full version.

• james

no windows machines?
      is there a philosophical or practical reason for this?
      as much as i can admire a dedication to linux, i dont picture this being particularly benificial in an ecommerce environment.

Why is it not Beneficial? You do not say.

What reason do I have to use a Windows PC?

1. To use my cheap brother label printer as there was no driver available for Linux, so I did have windows on a virtual drive.

Problem solved by buying a Zebra GK420d

2. I don’t think there was one…

I don’t have a dedication to Linux, yes it works a lot better than it used to but I am not a “Why doesn’t everybody have Linux geek”, unlike a few friends who will only use Apple and wonder why anybody else would not.

And it is FREE

I do have a version of Windows on my Laptop, but I put Linux on that and have not logged back into Windows side since ???

• james

woah, rather defensive no? i asked a question, not slandered your choice.
      i didnt say it was counter-productive, i said i cant see how it would be productive, there’s a big difference.
      ehhhh, many reasons to use windows. compatibility, drivers, printers, hardware, software, all the same reasons 98% of the world uses windows….

Your response made me laugh, sorry if you feel that a clear response was defensive, I just feel the need to make a reply constructive.

I could not see the point to your post, as in you offered no explanation as to why you would think using Linux to be problem. How would it not be productive?

What can you do on Windows that can not be done on Linux? What is it that I am missing?

Sure, a cheap £30.00 label printer did not work on Linux, but the bigger Brother printers do. as for other compatibility issues, I have not come across many and when I have, the fix is usually quite simple.

That is not to say that this was always the case, I started using Linux 10 years ago and it was a big problem then.

I think much of the world use Windows because they don’t know any different, most I speak to do not even know that you can run Linux on a PC or that it has a desktop environment.

• james

k then, absolutely no drawbacks to using linux at all.

i mean your original statement “we don’t have windows computers so anything we have has to run on Linux.” suggest otherwise, but whatever.
      I dont see any posts on here (or anywhere else) starting “all our computers run on windows therefore….”

I know there are reasons not to choose linux in a business environment, i asked you why you did, i didn’t get an answer (clear or otherwise), just a “why the hell not?”

its like people who cycle to work, if it was really that great, everyone would do it.
      you ask them why they choose that way, and it’s as if you spat in their face.
      fine, i wont cycle to work and i wont ask again.

• Alan Paterson

@ james – you have interpretational difficulties. What did tyler say wrong?

If you are not attacking eBay (or me) you are starting on other sellers who make a simple comment about using Linux.

Your attacks on me have caused me to abandon other threads (and they were more controversial topics) – take a chill pill.

• James

No Alan, an “attack” if you will, would be coming on and starting with “you have interpretational difficulties” for example.

I didn’t ask for your contribution. Now or any other time. Not that you can call this personal ‘comment’ a contribution in any way.

You don’t like me Alan, keep it to yourself, I couldn’t care less about your opinion on anything to be frank.

I asked a genuine question because I was genuinely interested in the answer. As far as I can tell with my flawed interpretation, I didn’t get one. That’s fine, your crap is not.

@James

I was under the impression I had answered your question(s), being:

“no windows machines?
      is there a philosophical or practical reason for this?”

Maybe you missed the answer…

However, you also made a statement ” i dont picture this being particularly benificial in an ecommerce environment” which you did not explain your reasons, and apart some nonsense re drivers / hardware compatibilities, I still do not feel that you have given reasons for your thinking that way, unless, like many others you have no experience of using Linux in the last few years.

You then seem to get confused about what it is I said and you said and it has nothing to do with people cycling to work or other people mentioning they use Windows…

So why did I mention Linux? Simple, you made a valid comment regards dewabit and how you found it useful, however, when I looked at their web site it stated:

“Because dewabit has been designed as a native application for Microsoft Windows 7 or newer, it is much faster and easier to use than web based solutions”

Hence my comment on Windows, there are a few systems that are Windows only and I really do not want to switch back to using Windows (unless it was XP) just to use a piece of software, unless it was really exceptional, which I do not feel that dewabit is.

I am guessing it would not be much good for Mac users either.

Your comment “I know there are reasons not to choose linux in a business environment” really brings us back to square one, which you never answered. What reasons are there NOT to use Linux in a business environment?

What is it that I am missing out on?

• james

You’re right, i haven’t used desktop linux in years, i’m mainly going on what i hear/read about the OS, i know linux is good for some things, not so much others. same as mac or windows.

I’d love to be able to chuck windows and switch to something else (windows 10 makes me want to turn amish just to get rid of cortana), but it just doesnt seem practical for the office. we’re already running several different versions of windows on various machines to keep programs & printers we need that were never updated.
      the dewabit case seems a reasonable example, software is harder to come by.
      drivers may be harder to acquire, hardware may not work as expected.
      colleagues used to windows may need training (myself included).
      minesweeper not included.

if there are advantages i’d love to hear them, i may even try firing it on a spare machine if i can find the time and inclination, but if the main reason for doing so is “why not? it’s free.” i’ll maybe leave it a while yet. I thought you may have had a specific use case, or found it superior in a some e-commerce related way that may help convince me one way or another. just hearing that someone is running a linux only ebay business picqued my interest.

i’m partial to the odd wild analogy, they amuse me if no-one else at least. and while the idea of swapping the car for the bike sounds good in theory, it looks like nothing but uphill struggle from where i’m sitting. my car is warm and comfortable and familiar.

@James

As I do not use dewabit it is not a problem for me, if I was to run dewabit I would need to have something else to list on Amazon.

Apart from it being Free there is no great advantage and as I have been using it for 10+ years, I am not using any programs that are Windows based, although to start with it was a struggle.

The user interface for general use is the same as windows and you can install Libre Office or OpenOffice on Windows and Linux, which are also free.

Have fun trying it.

eBay

eBay’s mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection