The 2017 E-Commerce Fulfilment Report
Peoplevox surveyed some of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around, and have combined the results in their ‘2017 E-Commerce Fulfilment Report’.
The report has identified a number of potential pressure points which are likely to grow into more serious problems for many online businesses as they continue to scale rapidly. Left unchecked indefinitely, these have the potential of risking sustainable, profitable growth, and for some, business survival.
Potential pitfalls for online businesses and consequences
- Poor inventory management resulting in overselling and underselling
- Erosion of hard won repeat business/customer loyalty from inaccurate/delayed shipping
- Inability to identify/respond quickly and profitably to new market opportunities/peak period
- Increasing returns from packing and shipping errors
- Lost market opportunities from poor purchasing and forecasting decisions
- Low productivity through inefficient picking routes/warehouse layout
- Escalating labour, storage and other overheads
To gain some useful insights to help plan your fulfilment strategy so you can take your e-commerce business to the next level, download the report today.