Welcome to the New Tamebay Website

By Chris Dawson February 1, 2017 - 12:30 pm

Hello!

If you’re seeing this then the techies have done their job and you’ve made your way to Tamebay’s brand new website.

It’s been a year in the making and we know there’s still a little bit of housekeeping to do, but we didn’t want to wait any longer though so the new site is live. Tamebay may look a little different to what you’re used to, but that’s because we’ve at last got a fully responsive website.

There a ton of new features that you’ll start to notice, such as greater integration between Tamebay and the Tamebay Guide and a brand new Glossary which we’ll be building out as we go ahead.

New Tamebay Membership

For the very first time you can also claim your own identity on Tamebay with our new Tamebay membership. It’s free of course, but once signed up you’ll have your own area on Tamebay, be able to comment, access ebooks and whitepaper downloads and you’ll also find a β€˜My Library’ section, where you can save your favourite content.

Signing up as a member will also reserve your name for you – no more confusion with two people both commenting with the same nickname (Sorry to anyone who wanted it, but I’ve already snagged “Chris”). User names on Tamebay are up for grabs on a first come first served basis so get in early if there’s a specific handle that you’d like to claim. You’ll find the membership sign up in the top right corner of your screen.

The Future

We have lots of ideas for future site development and we’re aware that some of the features you’re accustomed to haven’t been migrated yet. Comment counts on posts on the home page are something we definitely want to bring back, as are reviews on Tamebay Guide entries. Don’t worry, Tamebay is not (and in fact never has been) a finished project and even as we launch the techies are beavering away in the background with a ton of tweaks to come in the near future.

In the mean time, ‘Welcome to Tamebay Version 4’….. and we’re back to business as normal.

Best wishes
Chris and Dan

• 7 months ago

First comment on the new-look Tamebay! Whooop!

• James
    7 months ago

I like. Well done

• apparently not james any more
      7 months ago

I hate you.

• 7 months ago

Sorry apparently not James, but it’s first come first served on user names

• James
      7 months ago

Don’t worry I’m the James who originally wrote that and I didn’t even get to use the name. When trying to signup it didn’t work – gave up after multiple goes.

Edit: Oh wait maybe it did work??

• Jaques
    7 months ago

Good!

• 7 months ago

WoW wonder who signed up to the almost Β£1000 PA membership….

• Whirly
    7 months ago

Looks great chaps, and mobile friendly, no more squinting at 5am whilst checking the news, great stuff.

• 7 months ago

Congratulations Tamebay πŸ™‚

So many people come and go in this industry. Well done to you for continuing!

• 7 months ago

Thanks, but I couldn’t have done it without Sue and then five years ago with Dan coming on board. Dan and I are in turn grateful to our overlords at InternetRetailing who spec’d the new site and commissioned it.

We’ve got a big team behind us now, most of whom you’ll never of heard of but include Ian, James, Emilly, Greg, Octavian, Marcin, Hannah, Quill, Joey, Alex, Valentin and a whole load of other people besides. They’ve worked like trojans to get the new site live!

• Well done – really like the new look and super fast to load. Great on mobile too, and I really like the add article to favourites option.

• 7 months ago

Love!

• 7 months ago

Great website guys! πŸ™‚

• 7 months ago

Great one Chris!
    MR is good and load time much better – well done to the guys at InternetRetailing.
    You have made Sue proud.

• 6 months ago

…wanting to change the first character of my username to a capital – it seem’s I registered it all in lowercase πŸ™

• 6 months ago

I may have done it for you! Can you do a reply to see if it worked please?

• 6 months ago

This is a test reply πŸ˜€

• 6 months ago

Perfect, many thanks Chris. It can be hard having OCD tendencies!

• 6 months ago

I do hope you haven’t opened the flood gates to everyone wanting changes. Happy to oblige though πŸ™‚

• Tom3hp
    6 months ago

A year to reformat the site? Jeezzz, I should have bid on the contract.

• 6 months ago

You should see the specification documentation – it’s enormous!!!

• Mark
    6 months ago

Is it possible to put the date (or number of hours days since the post was made) next to each story on the homepage?