eBay announced in Manchester at the eBay Connect event that the new Seller Hub is coming to the UK this Autumn.
Seller Hub is now available to all sellers listing on eBay.com, but we’ll be getting it here in the UK soon and they’re also working on a mobile app version.
So what’s so great about Seller Hub? Well you know all those tools you use on a daily basis – Selling Manager, eBay Messages, Resolution Centre, Monitoring, Seller Reports, Returns, Shipping and Tracking… Take a look at them – they’re all in separate places on the eBay site. None of them link together. Sometimes they appear (and actually do!) show conflicting information. They’ve not even got a consistent design with a totally different look and feel.
Seller Hub will change all of this, it’s been rebuilt from the ground up with everything you need to run your eBay business bought together in a single dashboard. You can configure the home page to show the information you need up front. Plus if you have a message from a customer you can click from the message to check the tracking and process a refund if needed all within the same tool. You can even bulk process actions for multiple transactions if you need to do so.
Without wishing to be too rude about them, most of eBay’s current suite of tools are way outdated, cumbersome to use, look like they were designed in 1999 (often because they were) and have changed little other than the occasional face lift over the years.
The new tools are not only shinier and work better, you’ll get more functionality too. eBay are promising to give you data to help you grow your business and that means goodbye to the ridiculous 90 days lookback. eBay will give you two years of history and aim to grow that in the future.
I’m looking forward to the new seller hub. I think you’ll like it. I’d suggest you sign up as soon as it’s available to give it a try.
Seller Hub replaces:
The eBay Seller Hub will consolidate the full functionality of:
- Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro
- Reports and dashboards for Sales, Seller Costs, Traffic and Seller Standards
- And the ability to create and edit listing
If you have an eBay Shop subscription you’ll also be able to access:
- eBay Shops
- Promotions Manager
- Promoted Listings
Seller Hub Key Functions
- Monitor the overall status of your business
- Receive metrics on the current performance of your business including:
- The ability to produce eBay Postage labels
- The ability to add tracking numbers
- The ability to print invoices in bulk
- The ability to manage returns and cancellations
- Access insights and guidance that can help you grow your business
- Manage your listings and orders including; producing eBay Postage labels, adding tracking numbers, printing invoices in bulk and managing returns and cancellations.