eBay messages glitch with foreign sign in pages

By Chris Dawson August 8, 2016 - 10:10 am

eBay-Messages-Log-In-GlitchFor the past couple of days there’s been a glitch on eBay messages. When some sellers have gone to answer a message from a buyer, they have been asked to log into an overseas eBay site – often one in a language that they don’t speak!

One seller told us “It has happened when we have tried to action various tasks for example selecting the messages tab or clicking on our seller manager pro summary page. A refresh of the page seems to clear it and sends us to the correct screen but we have had this at least a dozen times today“.

It’s a bit frustrating, but not the end of the world, sellers who use third party tools to answer messages shouldn’t be affected, neither will those who reply from their email program such as Outlook. If you are trying to access messages and see a strange log in screen at least you’ll know it’s not just you… it’s just a glitch.

• 1 year ago

Not new for us, everytime a customer sends us an image and you click to view it sends us to eBay Italy. It’s been like that for as long as I can remember.

• Sketches
      1 year ago

The same here for over a year, always with an image , we’ve been to the USA Italy Japan and India to name a few

• Joe
    1 year ago

I agree with Whirly – I don’t think this is a new thing. It doesn’t cause any problems, just looks a bit odd.

• Jonah
    1 year ago

“Its just a glitch” should in fact read “Its just ebay”.

Not surprised at anything anymore with these jokers

• Joe
    1 year ago

It’s not really ‘just a glitch’. It shouldn’t be happening. If you check the various eBay boards for buyers there are lots of threads from concerned users who think eBay has been hacked, or their account has been hacked.

It’s driving customers away – fact.

• james
    1 year ago

this isnt new, it’s been happening for years.

every time we receive a message from a customer registered/using a foreign site, we reply as normal, then need to log into whatever site that customer was registered on.
    cant back out, cant refresh. garbage programming, same typical ebay crap we have to endure every day.

• Simon E
    1 year ago

We always get directed to the foreign site.
    I have google auto translate on, which gives an idea as to what I am clicking.

What really gets me, is combining orders from international platforms.
    Why can’t we combine or message from the UK site?

If a customer from Italy requests a total, I have to log into ebay.it and try and negotiate the buttons. The fun really starts when the customer wants combined shipping on items purchased across UK, Italy and maybe France. What fun.
    Ebay haven’t quite cracked that nightmare yet. B-)

• Toby
    1 year ago

Hovering over the “My eBay” on the top right, brings the dropdown menu, select messages at the bottom & it will take you to the UK site

• Ian A
    1 year ago

It kept changing from .com to .co.uk and asking me to log in again earlier.

I honestly think they should scrap the whole platform and rebuild it again from scratch. Maybe on one site, most UK results are 50% China US Germany items anyway, just put it all on .com and let buyers choose item location if they want

• Gareth
    1 year ago

Glad I just saw this article, as I went to reply to a UK buyer this morning, and it tried to sign me into eBay Germany. I thought that’s odd, so hit the back button, clicked reply again and then got sent to eBay Italy sign in page!! Went back again, hit reply, and third time lucky I was able to reply to the customer.

• 1 year ago

I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that too few people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I found this during my search for something relating to this.