eBay is experiencing technical problems tonight

By Dan Wilson June 9, 2016 - 11:15 pm

As several readers have reported to Tamebay tonight, and as eBay has confirmed in an announcement, the eBay website is experiencing technical problems. And it is affecting users in the UK.

In particular we’ve noticed that accessing My eBay is very sluggish but buying items seems to be operational. As far as we can see…

As eBay.com says on their systems status board: “We’re aware some users are currently experiencing intermittent slow site speed while using certain eBay marketplace features, particularly when accessing ‘My eBay.’ Our teams are working to address these issues as a priority. We apologize for any inconvenience this interruption causes. We will share additional information with our community as it becomes available.” There has been no mention of such problems on the eBay UK announcement board or via social media, at time of writing.

It’s obvious too that there is a problem according to DownDetector as well. Here’s the graph and the heat map of complaints from a few moments ago.

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 23.03.28

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 23.03.58

• Andy R
    1 year ago

Keep that money rolling in and spend as little as possible on the shite, sorry site.

The Ebay mantra.

• Steve P
    1 year ago

Woke up this morning to emails from Europe & North America asking If I post there and for how much etc.

So another basic function is/was glitched.. pathetic

• Steve
    1 year ago

Remind me again why we pay listing and shop fees when eBay give us nothing in return hidden listings resulting in no sales then a flurry of sales and a faulty website that breaks down at least once a month.

Maybe its time to scrap the listing fees and shop subscriptions and just let people list what they want and only pay eBay on results no sales for the seller no fees for eBay.

Doing it this way when its broken eBay lose out 100% of their fees the same as their customers lose 100% of their sales but at least they are not paying eBay for something they are not getting.

• Ian A
    1 year ago

Not sure why the UK site always has such issues
    They seem to seriously neglect the UK site And our businesses

Surprised there’s not another prominent UK marketplace emerged to sell on, probably because they keep giving them stupid names like shpock and catawiki!

• lu
    1 year ago

That would explain why Thursday evening sales were 80% down.

• Andy
    1 year ago

Yep, it was rubbish last night. Still managed to buy two things on it. Sadly both items were found to have featured stolen pictures from another website. Another 0 feedback seller joins up, posts some fraud items, gets paid for it, and disappears. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to file a claim and get the money back. That’s the third time I’ve had to file a dispute about a seller like this this year. I know I will get refunded but that’s not the point. The point is that it’s way too easy to set up a dodgy profile and get money out of people.

• Mike
    1 year ago

I notice Amazon never has tech issues. 🙂

• Jason
      1 year ago

That’s because Amazon is professional and hires quality executives for the management suit, eBay only hire the village idiots.

• mike
    1 year ago

Site is getting bad for sellers — amazon stock 700+ ebay stock 20 bucks .. go figure .

• Barry Stephenson
    1 year ago

On 10th June I tried to purchase a recliner chair cover price
    £14.86 All my particulars were taken and the order confirmed
    I have heard nothing since Please respond.

• Paul
    1 year ago

Did the eBay computer department buy their server on, erm, eBay?