Babz Media to get compulsory strike off by Companies House

By Dan Wilson March 15, 2016 - 12:17 pm

One of eBay’s biggest former sellers, Babz Media, ceased trading in 2015. Now, according to a First Gazette notice, Companies House has given notice of a compulsory strike off.

Babz was a big seller on eBay and Amazon and as we said at the time: “One concern we have is how such a closure could affect buyers. eBay have commented on the case: “We are in close contact with the seller and will make sure that no eBay buyers are left out of pocket. Anyone who has made a purchase that hasn’t been delivered will receive a full refund.””

What is now clear, that was uncertain when we wrote that piece, is that Babz is that the situation is now permanent and not a temporary blip.

Some of you have expressed surprise that Tamebay hasn’t reported on this situation more fully. And many of you have also offered speculation, hearsay and rumour as to what has actually happened. There have been a great many stories.

Sadly we can’t report on unsubstantiated rumours (and trust me we got a lot of emails that began with “According to my sources…” but when we probed those sources, no firm evidence was available.) so we ask you to be mindful of what you say in comments. Although, of course, we are always grateful for solid information that we can report.

• Gerry007
    1 year ago

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Probably popped off to somewhere else in the world with a few Mil in the back pocket………….

• 1 year ago

This is exactly what I meant. Back it up with evidence…

• Gerry007
      1 year ago

I know it is, that’s why I wrote it….

• Robert C
      1 year ago

I thought this “Responses” section is for our opinions?

Now I ain’t gonna say anything out of turn about Babz, I bought a few things off them – a very good service, but I have certainly had theories on how they must have been run to achieve such a turnover with only around 3000 lines listed at a time.

I’m more than happy for the article not to be based on conjecture… but why not in the comments?

• 1 year ago

We don’t want you sued. You’re responsible for your own comments.

• Robert C
      1 year ago

Fair enough.

• Rondar
      1 year ago

You realise eBay will have to be shown this.

• JPJPJP
    1 year ago

The compulsory strike off action has been discontinued

If I was guessing, I would say that HSBC – as the primary secured creditor – is pleased with that

Maybe others too