eBay down this morning?

By Chris Dawson February 26, 2016 - 8:29 am

eBay BugWe are getting reports that eBay appears to be down this morning. It could be Friday maintenance but it is unusual for the site to be unavailable.

Hopefully by 9am when you are ready to start work in earnest all will be well but it might be worth having an effects cup of tea before you try logging on.

We’ll update as soon as we hear more.

0900 Update

eBay tell us that there are no problems and some who reported problems have now been able to log in. Are you able to get into your sales to proceess orders?

1100 Update

It looks like it’s mainly England that’s affected according to the heat map on downdetector. If you are in Scotland, Wales or N Ireland you may be ok

2016-02-26 10.56.02

• kath
    1 year ago

I have done my usual morning sales (few!), relists, messages etc on 3 accounts, and all was fine up to 7:30 ish – and a quick check suggests it is still OK for me now.

• Gary
    1 year ago

Nothing would show this morning in my ebay sales manager using the Microsoft browser so switched to Firefox and it all worked OK. It may be a browser thing.

Just checked at 9:06am and Microsoft browser still not uploading sales pages.

• Robert C

No problems for me

• Kevin
    1 year ago

I have eBay issues with Chrome & Firefox and down detector says eBay is having issues today

– Could be worse, it could be Monday

• Peter
    1 year ago

My eBay really slow and now failing to open ,

Issues with adding EANs onto last batch of 100 products , we add them on , submit them and when we go back in they still say there missing the EAN’s

Peter

• Peter
      1 year ago

The Irish one seems to be completely stuffed , can’t access on Safari or Chrome ,

One of the lads in the office was eventually able to access via a windows machine but it crawling

• 1 year ago

Ebay is very erratic for us here since 7am, cannot always login and the pages are slow to load and keeps crashing out.

Very inconvenient when we are all wanting to get orders picked and packed and messages answered.

• 1 year ago

I had problems with buggy page loads and time-outs.

• Derek Duval
    1 year ago

Defo got issues, emails not opening, timeouts on many pages……As footy fans would sing. Here we go ..Here we go…Here we go

• Joe
    1 year ago

Working fine for me, however yesterday was a different story, constant PNR, search not working, completed/sold item search not working….etc.

• Kent

constant loading time-out for me on UK site – firefox & chrome browser

• 1 year ago

Down for us. Not been able to reply to any questions.

• Andy
    1 year ago

Down for us. Have tried various browsers. Makes no difference here.

• Martin
    1 year ago

Couldn’t get in at first, then eventually accessed but limited functionality, now can’t load anything again. Tried Chrome and IE, deleted browsing history, rebooted etc, but made no difference.

• Andy
    1 year ago

“eBay tell us that there are no problems”

So all of us and Down Detector are imagining this? :D

• paddy

Working fine for me. No sales yet though today :(

• Dean

I had issues this morning too – using Chrome
    Mainly failed connections but once upon refreshing the page, I had a different looking eBay home screen to the one I am used to. It looked like a new test home screen. I wish I had taken a a screen grab now.

• Christine Chaplin
    1 year ago

Been having problems all morning – can’t get in at all on Firefox – just times out – Chrome was better but now playing up as well.

• Doris John
    1 year ago

Down all morning. Unable to send messages. Really annoying.

• tinker

problems here too

• Hereford FC fan

And here.

• Gary
    1 year ago

With over 16000 down detector comments so far today is ebay a marketplace you can give up on even with its faults?

• 1 year ago

It definitely shows that people are still using eBay. Small comfort on the day that many can’t use eBay but it does appear giving up on eBay would be cutting your nose off to spite your face…

• Simon M
    1 year ago

Working just fine for us.

S.

• Andy R
    1 year ago

Stop telling us about your bleeping metrics, Wenig.

You can’t even keep your site up.

• Paul
    1 year ago

Down here in N.I also, slow at loading and then times out, then does connect but very slow. Using Chrome and Firefox makes no difference. Trying to put a listing on via seller manager pro, inventory but ebay just times out. Very frustrating.

• paddy
    1 year ago

With reference to the update, I’m in Scotland and its fine. I’ve been listed and searching for items without any issues.

Cheers Paddy
      Good to have confirmation

• tinker
      1 year ago

not working in this part of Scotland

• kareen buttle
      1 year ago

Nope – I’m in Scotland and can’t get into messages past the first screen nor resolution centre etc since 9am! on any browser

• keith
    1 year ago

Taking forever to find addresses for labels, sometimes timing out. Taken an hour to print 12 labels!

• 1 year ago

Down for me in lincs, was apply to print off orders this morning before it went down luckily.
    I can log in,but its very slow. Though shop is not loading.

• 1 year ago

Intermittent success – with accessing different functions. Accessing and replying to messages has been the trickiest part of my day so far. Just managed to print out my orders before the site timed out. Again. Sigh.

• Richard
    1 year ago

All over the place this morning, sometimes pages work other times they can’t connect. The rest of the web sites I normally visit are fine, so it has to be an eBay specific problem.

• Martin
    1 year ago

Now been virtually unusable for over 3.5 hours. Needless to say I have no sales this morning. I have messages that won’t load. Any editing or updating fails. Impossible to get to Announcements to see if Ebay are saying anything helpful. Could be an afternoon off!

• 1 year ago

Been up and down all morning. The front end seems OK but SM Pro is erratic and I can’t get into messages.

I’m also getting email notifications from PayPal of payments received, but no corresponding emails from eBay.

• 1 year ago

Just got messages to work again (luckily it was only ebay advertising one of their own webinars)

SM pro seems to be up… for the moment…

• john
    1 year ago

my messages and invoices not working in Scotland(bt.com)

• Gary
    1 year ago

An ebay planned outage to increase the seller defect rate maybe? Ebay should own up to a gigantic **** and wipe the defect slate clean for all sellers and not just for the last 24 hours or whatever short term period of grace they come up with. It would be the decent thing to do.

• Paul Moran
    1 year ago

It’s been down all morning for me too. Linnworks seems to be updating with no errors, and has been pulling ebay orders through though which is odd. My last ebay order to come through was at 11:19, so the API seems to be working at least. I just can’t log on to answer questions.

• Toney
    1 year ago

Still can’t print postage for order or contact customer service thru the site.

• Warren
    1 year ago

Still own for me in South Wales since 7:30 this morning. Spoke to eBay about half an hour ago. Was told they haven’t received a single report of any issues. Was told to change browser and clear cache and cookies (All done beforehand). Contacted customer services on 0345 355 3229 as couldn’t get through on the site.

• Dave

Do not install Firefox.
    Ignore these incorrect claims on here.

eBay the joke site that it is, is down

• Warren
    1 year ago

Have just been told it’s an issue with customers on BT broadband

• Duncan Hill
    1 year ago

“If you are in Scotland, Wales or N Ireland you may be ok”

Certainly problems here in Wales (near Swansea), sometimes nothing loads for a couple of minutes and it times out, then after a couple of refreshes it works fine. All other websites apparently as normal, just Ebay.

Perhaps it’s a BT issue, or are people having issues with other ISPs too?

• elvis
      1 year ago

ebay not working via bt here. Everything else is working fine via bt

• tinker

ebay not working via Bt
    working perfectly via mobile 4g connection

Strangely I can get the site on broadband… but not on 4G :o

• tinker
    1 year ago

everything except ebay working ok via BT here to,
    though ebay is fine via 4g mobile

• Christopher
    1 year ago

BT (plusnet) – various things failing – api (3rd party program revisions), main site, now just can’t access selling manager.

• Christopher

Boy it’s a mess…

“Time left:” for items on messages now showing “—“, causing the following error when sending:

“The question you are trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You can’t respond to questions older than 90 days.”

On the plus side, iPhone hotspot ;)

• Andris
    1 year ago

The connection has timed out – this is what I get all day long. Can’t access Summary page, message, and Sold. West Sussex . BT Broadband

• Paul D
    1 year ago

Still not working correctly in N.Ireland time now 4pm, wont load pages, times out constantly. It has been like this all day. Nightmare

• 1 year ago

Ebay has not been working properly all day, still not working now.

Linnworks seems to be getting orders OK but the volume of orders is way down on what we normally get.

It’s yet another strike against ebay for us, what with all the hassle, grief and stress and now these downtimes compared to other marketplaces, ebay is losing it’s way big time.

• marty
    1 year ago

down still in N.ireland – zero business done today. 1 request opened and I cant get near it. tried to backdoor through US via proxy and tried the US site but no joy

• Andy R
    1 year ago

Absolutely no explanation or update from Ebay today about another major outtage.

Nothing!
    Nix !
    Nada!
    Zippo!

Whatever golf course you’re on, Mr overpaid Wenig, why don’t you get your ass down to the office and fix your broken pile of poo.

• jonah

Ebay- what a joke.

• Martin
    1 year ago

Full functionality returned to broadband/desktop use at 16.45.

• Rich

Still having problems – 17:15
    Zero orders today, Payday weekend going to be bad.

• 1 year ago

7 hours later and not processed a single order from overnight and not sold anything all day either.

From what I can tell, not a single announcement from eBay either, I can’t be sure of this because the announcement page won’t ****** load.

eBay, you’ve heard of social media yeah?

What a ******* shower.

• 1 year ago

Really not going to help anyone with their on-time delivery metric is it :-(

• 1 year ago

Still not working here. Unable to access any function and not had any sales.

Ironically received message from them this afternoon informing me that I had lost my Top Seller Status….I think that they might have lost a seller.

Will concentrate on Amazon and the other platforms from today onwards.

Bye bye eBay….b*****ks to you!

• James
    1 year ago

eBay, couldn’t run a bath these days.