Amazon Price Match refunds

By Chris Dawson December 20, 2015 - 7:08 pm

I wasn’t aware that Amazon had a price match policy, but over the past week I’ve received a couple of small refunds due to price changes.

The message read “We wanted to let you know that we’re refunding you £0.59 for your Amazon.co.uk order as we’ve further reduced the price of this item which you purchased during Amazon’s Biggest Ever Black Friday Deals Week“. The other refund was for jut 20p.

Realistically I’m not that bothered about the total 79p of refunds, although I never turn free money down no matter how small the amount! What’s interesting is that Amazon aren’t letting customers make a purchase on their deals and then find the same item on offer at a lower price a few weeks later.

Have you had any refunds? Have you had to make any refunds – dropping your prices after featuring on Amazon Deals might mean discounting previous orders as well as future sales.

• Adam

Not quite sure of the details of the Amazon policy. I very recently bought an MP3 player (supplied directly by Amazon) and it was reduced by 20% a few days later. No refund so far.

Perhaps my refund was because it product was in the Black Friday deals?

• Adam

Ah, could be. Interesting.

• Nick

Received two price-match refunds on items that I resold (not dropshipped) on eBay!

• Gary

Retrospective price match refunds. Should add a bit of sparkle to post Xmas sales.

• paddy

If you pre order a video game and the price decreases between the the time of the order and the day its released they will refund you the difference. I’ve had this happen a few times.

• dan

used to happen a lot when i bought cd’s off there, but the last time i bought in any meaningful quantities was around 5 years ago.

they have also done it on games to me in the past, either offered refund or some in game codes and extras or simply a £1 or 2 off amazon e books or audio.

• james

yes received some pretty decent refunds on pre-ordering games via amazon.
    if the price drops between when you pay, and when they ship, they refund the difference at the time of despatch.

• Rachael P

I purchased an Xbox one from Amazon.fr on a deal and they’ve refunded me around £13 due to a price drop. I purchased last week in November and the email advising the refund arrived on the 16th December.
    They did this last year too as I bought a coffee machine on the Black Friday deals and they sent me back around £6 due to a price drop

• dan

from .FR ? did u get stung for vat / taxes cross border etc?

• james

shouldn’t be any, its inside the EU.